The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2002, 02:13 AM   #1
Crank

Lightbulb Some thoughts!

Okay, I've been thinking about some tricks for the trucks. It's 2:11 in the morning so forgive me, I've been suspended from school for 5 days now and tomorrow I have to go see whether or not I'm expelled. But I was just wondering some things and while I can't sleep, I'll type 'em out before I forget what they are: Is it possible to make your own triangulated 4link? if so where would I get the end links and are the bars hollow or solid? Also does anyone know any laws about KY, not having a bed on your truck. I know that you must have one taillight. and turn signals but do you have to have wheelwells too or what? could you drive it without a bed if it had lights? And I'm sorry guys but I think that the rear ends on these trucks are hideous to customize. They all look way too wrong even with a roll pan. Is there any way someone could break out some photoshop magic? Like round everything out.
Attached Images

Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
Crank

see, even when they have roll pans, they still don't have a smooth look to them.
Brandon
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2002, 02:23 AM   #3
Crank

I mean no disrespect to everyones trucks, I love them, but for what I want to do, they just have to have a more custom flare.
Pont, sorry about using your truck too. Love it.
But here are some of the problem areas.
Brandon
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
Crank

not just around the taillights, thats just where it begins. Like here too.
Brandon
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2002, 03:37 AM   #5
Alexis
Member since 2000

Question

ok first, if you dont mind me asking why'd you get booted? i got booted from the main high school when i was in the middle of my softmore(sp?) year.

But hmm i'm not getting what your saying. i think the rears on these trucks look bad@$$ but to each his own.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 04:47 AM   #6
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

Brandon, no problem at all using a pic of my truck to disgrace these beautiful rearends! Use away.........LOL

I see what your saying to some degree. I personally think the stock rear of these trucks are lacking something, or maybe have too much of something. I almost think the tailgates are too "BUSY" looking. I do like them shaved with a roll pan, no letters, just clean and smooth. However, some of the nicest I have also seen have been bone stock with a nice clean chrome bumper. It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste. I myself like both the purple and red trucks you posted pics of and that is the direction I'm going with mine. Maybe, filling the stock taillight area and adding custom tallights in the roll pan would better suite your taste. Hard to say! Keep looking at pics and find what you like best, then figure out what you would do different to give it the look you want. I get my best ideas by copying them from others.............

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:02 AM   #7
Crank

Well, thats just it, I do want some type custom look to the rearend of the truck, but there are so many of them being customized, every idea has already been done before. I kinda have my own style and preferences about rearends. While I do like the look of them, I don't think that they can be easily adapted to the look of 20's and a body drop. BUT I do like them.

And as for what I did in school: Well, I'll start out by saying this. My family life is hell. In Grant County where I failed classes my freshman year, the school was corrupt I swear. I hated school and going there. Since the school had the highest drop % in the state they got highly pissed when you didn't come to school. Which resulted in Brandon being place in Juvenile 3 different occasions. So to sum this story up. My mom lives 100 miles from me, never been to her house, doesn't have a phone and no way to reach her. My dad's in the clink... Again. And the last person I had to run to(my off and on girlfriend for a year and best friend since 7th grade) was being so unfair to me and I just snapped. After I moved the only person I could really talk to was her and She dissed me. So not wanting to think about anything, Tuesday of last week, I woke up, got ready for school and went and grabbed some bud heavy, and some bicardi. Started drinking before I even got on the bus. I drank so much so fast with nothing in my stomach I got tore down. lol. I started at prolly 7:15 and by 8:20 at school I had passed out in class and hit my head on the floor. I know Im bad, but I can't go back and change it now. Now I get a manditory vacation from school at least until next Wednesday. Sorry for the long post.
Brandon
Old 10-16-2002, 08:19 AM   #8
Crank

Damn, I knew I'd forget an idea. Has anyone seen the hoods that open backwards on some trucks? I've seen them on stuff like in Lowrider or something. I was wondering if anyone knew any kits available??? Maybe someone could post a picture or I can scan one from a magazine, but the pic will be bad if I have to do that.
Brandon
Old 10-16-2002, 11:14 AM   #9
trinic

I like the rear of these trucks

For a classic/original look, these back ends look
great, but It is hard to get a nice custom rear
if you plan on adding a roll pan and what not.
Here's a pic of my end (i meant my trucks).

Brabra, I hope things get better for you. Looks like you don't have much people to really help you out when you're troubled. Only thing I can recomend, is if you do not get expelled, is to give it your best in school. You only get to go to HS once, and after that, you'll be in the real world. If you say the school S***, well what can I say, but try and get the best out of it. About your chic, well all I can say, is there's tons of them out there.......
Kinda got out of the subject, but thought I'd give
my opinion....
Attached Images

trinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:27 AM   #10
Crank

Well everyone, thanks for your concerns!!! I just went to the board of education and had the conference. Since I had been making A's and B's and haven't had any problems before, they didn't expell me, they didn't put me in an alternative school, they put me back in school with just some rules to follow! Like can't miss any more days, no contriband, maintain at least a 78%, and something else. They reduced my suspension from 10 days to 7 days, so my grades wont be so bad. So I go back day after tomorrow(Friday). And as for that girl, we've made up; we've been best friends and I honestly love her, so its not her fault I acted afool. But thanks for your concerns everyone.
Brandon
Old 10-16-2002, 12:10 PM   #11
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Here is a blazer that was on e-bay quite some time ago. They filled in the tail lights and put new ones in the roll pan. Not sure if it addresses your "problem areas" but it is different.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L

Last edited by bouncytruck; 01-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:34 PM   #12
brennecke

Cadillac lights possibilities
Attached Images

Never tire of doing what is right II Thess. 3:13
Northeast Missouri
71 LWB original 350 3/speed
Soon to be 500
brennecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:08 PM   #13
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I dont have any pics of the longhorns a$$ yet, but the tail lites are filled like the blazer that bouncy truck posted. also the gate has a smooth skin, with a frenched L plate, & 6- 3" round tail lites also frenched in the gate. i have a drop center bumper, with the L plate area filled & smoothed. Crazy AL
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:15 PM   #14
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Now THAT is one nice ass!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:13 AM   #15
Crank

I was screwing around earlier and found this, it's a wallpaper so thats why it looks kinda wack, but I like the rearend on this truck. Although that black may be hiding what it really looks like.
Brandon
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2002, 10:57 PM   #16
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Hey if you can get a pic of BIG ORANGE'S BURB,he used 61 Impala taillights looks cool!!!!!!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote