The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

67cst's Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC
Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

hey guys i picked up a set of black simpson lap belts for my 67. im a bit suprised at the belt width and size of buckle. i know they are made for racing but when i got them off summit it said they were great for hot rods etc. do you think they would look goofy in the truck or should i use them? i layed on on the bench to give you an idea, dont mind the sand on the seat..its a summer crusier and i take it to the beach lots
Attached Images

__________________
1967 shortbox stepside Chevy, 365 hp 327, th400.

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
c10addict
Registered User

c10addict's Avatar

Location: pittsburgh pa
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

I bought the same ones for my truck and returned them... I thought they were way too big for the look my truck has...
__________________
68 C10 Shorty TPI,Bagged, and all the good stuff. Classic trucks feature June 06, On the cover of Jegs Christmas Catalog 08
67 C10 Shorty Shop truck project Bagged and Z'd under destruction and getting nowhere fast.
64 C10 Shop Truck/Daily driver, Bagged, Dropmember, SOLD!!!! Gone but not forgotten..
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
67cst
i love summertime

67cst's Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

im sorta feeling the same thing...anyone else?
__________________

Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Longhorn Man's Avatar

Location: Hilliard Ohio
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

they don't offer any added protection over stock ones, and I agree they don't look right.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
67cst
i love summertime

67cst's Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

i dont have any stock ones so thats why i thought id try these but the more i look at them the less i like them
__________________

Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
BCOWANWHEELS
Registered User

Location: KINGSPORT,TN.
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

THE REASON THERE WIDER IS SO WHEN YOU need them it spreads the stress of your body weight over a wider portion of you body than the stock belts. also the latch is far superior to the stock latch. if your life ever depends on belts you,ll be glad you had them. got em..... use em. why not ????
__________________
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
neonlarry
Registered User

neonlarry's Avatar

Location: Vacaville, CA
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

I'm with bcowan, I used them for years and love them.
__________________
70 C/10 Light Red 350/TH350, HEI, Duals w/40 series Flows, 91 seat, LED taillights
99 Pontiac S/C GTP, SLP Ram Air hood, GMPP Konis & springs
95 Neon ACR, MP PCM, AFX UDP, 3.0 CAI
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Location: Gateway to the Delta
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

It's just like a whole lotta other things, bigger is better.
__________________
'69 Chevy 1/2 T LWB Stepper: Daily Beater
'72 GMC 3/4 T Fleet: Another Daily Beater
'72 Plymouth Gran Coupe: ?

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
67cst
i love summertime

67cst's Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

hmmm anyone else want to voice their opinions
__________________

Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #10
So.Cal.Super
It'll Buff Out!

So.Cal.Super's Avatar

Location: San Diego
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

There is one main problem with using these belts for on road use. They aren't legal.
I had heard from a few sources that even though they are better by far then a factory belt. They are not legal for on road/highway use. So I emailed Simpson yesterday to confirm this before I posted.
Our restraints are not D.O.T approved.

Thank you,
Rachel Aguilar
Simpson Race Products
800-654-7223 ext.114
raguilar@teamsimpson.com

Old 01-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
Mudder
Registered User

Mudder's Avatar

Location: East Central, MO
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

I am using them in mine. Found that the orginals where a little short for the way I have my seat mounted. They work good for what they do but are a little uncomfortable.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:26 AM   #12
Legend56BC
Registered User

Legend56BC's Avatar

Location: Aldergrove BC(Vancouver area) Canada
Re: Anyone using Simpson lapbelts?

I have used them in my street stock race truck alot(meaning driving into other cars and walls) and compared to accidents in my street truck I prefer the Simpson belt.I find they don't bruise my body like the street belts do.My wife and I got rearended a couple times and were left with bruising from the belts in the street truck but in my race truck no bruising(I were double nomex suit also)I feel legal or not they are the better belt to have in the truck as long as they are used and not just for show.Just my 2 cents......
Legend56BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks