The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

Rough time...

Guy's I'd like everyone to know that any work on the 69 has been halted at the moment. My girlfriend of two years and I just split, and things are going really bad for her. She was raped repeatedly by her step dad when she was 9-10 and he has been stalking her recently and creeping around her house. I have to postpone any work for the moment. I'm spending all my time consoling her and trying to help her through this tough time. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep her in your prayers. Thanks everyone.
Pl4yboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
72armyswbtruck

Re: Rough time...

In my prayers
Old 01-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

you sound like a good hearted man for trying to help. but I suspect right now she needs help from another woman. ya know, someone "on the same team" so to speak. just stay on the side lines and "cheer for her" to show your support.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

I have to say you are a stand up guy not many people would be that loyal to someone they split from. Her situation is terrible and hopefully you can help her feel safer. I would also make sure she gets a restraining order as well as have her stay at your place or a friends for awhile. My wife had some bad crap happen to her sometimes it gets hard as things remind her of it. I will keep you both in my thoughts to keep both of you safe.
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
70cst

Not only prayers are in order but I would think legal steps would be justified. Any step dad who would do something like that is no "dad" and needs to be stepped on legally. JMHO

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #6
bobthecop

Often times the "victim" still feels the "power" of the offender, and the way to get it back is to seek legal remedy. Talk with the District Atty or a victims advocate in your area, and get advise on how to proceed. This predator needs to be stopped and stopped now! She has a lot of "issues" that must be dealt with and professional counseling may be in order. She needs a strong companion to help her do the right thing, and you may have to do some things for her. This is a critical time for her and she needs all the support she can get. I applaud you for the support you are giving her, but be aware enough to know that your support may not be enough. Hang in there the road is rough and rocky, but the rewards are eternal. Put a call into the Pittsburg County DA, I know they will be willing to help and get you started in the right direction. There is a place where you are where this guy belongs, called Big Mac.
1969 c10 parts truck
1969 C-10 ( my sons)
1992 Silverado 4X4 (now the boys truck)(now mine again)
2002 Tarus (my wife loves that car)

Last edited by bobthecop; 01-12-2008 at 05:37 AM.
bobthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #7
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Prayers for you and her both.

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:36 AM   #8
space

The step father needs his fn teeth beat out. I just don't understand some people..
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

you both are in our thoughts and prayers.... and space cowboy I concur
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #10
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ill keep her and you in my thoughts... i know a woman who went through a similar situation... it takes alot of time and patience and counselling... as to her step dad.. nothing a baseball bat to the head couldnt fix permanantly

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
baknblk

buy her 2 guns..one thats for her..and one that is not registered for him..i have a 10 yr old daughter ..stuff like this sickens me
baknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
Pl4yboy
Freeeeee Mason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecop View Post
Often times the "victim" still feels the "power" of the offender, and the way to get it back is to seek legal remedy. Talk with the District Atty or a victims advocate in your area, and get advise on how to proceed. This predator needs to be stopped and stopped now! She has a lot of "issues" that must be dealt with and professional counseling may be in order. She needs a strong companion to help her do the right thing, and you may have to do some things for her. This is a critical time for her and she needs all the support she can get. I applaud you for the support you are giving her, but be aware enough to know that your support may not be enough. Hang in there the road is rough and rocky, but the rewards are eternal. Put a call into the Pittsburg County DA, I know they will be willing to help and get you started in the right direction. There is a place where you are where this guy belongs, called Big Mac.
Thanks sir. The problem is that this happened almost 10 years ago. There was a case opened, but he threatened her life and that of her mother so that she would not testify against him. There was a divorce and she was put into protective custody of her grandparents for two years. She refused to get counseling for many years because of how it makes her feel. She relives it so vividly. I love this girl so much, but I'm a college student with divorced parents. I have my own problems too. I'm trying to get into pharmacy school, carry my burdens, carry her burdens, and keep everyone out of turmoil. She agreed recently to go to counseling to try to save our relationship, but I don't know if she'll go through with it. I talked to her mother last night and told her that she was a sorry ***** for not listening to her daughters needs. She NEEDS protection. When they found out he was around their house, she just shrugged it off, while my girlfriend couldn't sleep for two weeks. She'd shake all night scared to death of every noise she heard. Thank everyone for their support.

PS.... I have plenty of unregistered guns... Thats not a problem. The problem is that everyone knows if something happens to that sorry SOB, it was me.
Pl4yboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Anytime,i hear of this kind of news,my thoughts turn to my own 11 year old daughter. The thoughts of this happening to any child,makes me sick.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
magsnubby

She needs to get the law involved NOW. She needs to get an RO NOW. She needs to get everything documented. Contact an attorney and find out exactly what her/your rights to self defense are. He won't stop until he's put away or...well...i let you figure that one out.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
marcuspboldt
Registered Abuser

The father himself was probably abused as a child also and that's what I don't understand. Most if not all sex offenders went through some sort of abuse as a child and they end up passing this behavior on as adults.

You would think that they would remember how tramatic these events were for them as children and that they wouldn't want to put another human being through that.

As an adult the stepdad needs to be dispatched with the upmost predudice.
marcuspboldt is offline   Reply With Quote