The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2002, 09:41 AM   #1
GMCPaul

Talking Need some Help about Suburban/Blazer Doors

We have had the manufacturer of the pickup doors to make the Suburban upper door arch pillars and I am now sending them 2 complete L&R Suburban doors so that they can create a fixture jig so that they can be sure when installing the pillar in to the lower portion of the door that they are 100% exact. So within a month we can supply upper door pillars for anyone wanting to use a pickup new door to make a Suburban/Panel door, and somewhere around the beginning of the year we will have new complete Suburban/Panel door shells.

I NEED a L&R Blazer door now so we can have the same doors made for the Blazer. These doors need to have the window & vent assemblies still installed in them but the door skin and bottoms of the doors do not need to be perfect only the top half of the door from about 1/2 way up the outer door skin. Extra mirror holes and such do not matter. What does matter is that the front pillar on door not be racked or twisted and they should have inner door parts still present. I prefer to source these from the east coast or central USA. If anyone can help in providing these please contact me as soon as possible.
We alsonow have the 71-72 front parking light lenses for the Chevy being produced and should have these available for sale within the next month or two. Thanks for everyones help in this!!!!
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #2
Mike C

Hi Paul, except for the added reinforcement in the jam, the Blazer door is just a truck door with the window frame Sawzall-ed off as best I can tell. Do you know any different on this? (I am planning on putting a set of truck doors on my Jimmy, but wasn't in a hurry. I traded the extra set of Blazer doors I had for a complete 70 GMC truck) I have taken both apart. I have the vent window assembly from a 70 truck in my JImmy now on the drivers side.
68 Camaro 'vert LT1 & TH700
69 Z/28 355 12.6's @110
69 Chevy Short Step 4 1/2"/7" drop
72 Jimmy 4WD 4spd 4" & 35's
02 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:31 AM   #3
GMCPaul

Mike C
We know that the pickup, Suburban/Panel & Blazer/Jimmy lower doors are all the same on the lower portion that it only requires the removal of the top and rear portion of the upper door pillar to turn a Suburban/Panel or a pickup door into a Blazer/Jimmy door.
The reason our manufacturer requires the original Blazer/Jimmy door's complete with hardware is they make a fixture jig using a original door so that during the manufacturing process the upper door pillar is inserted into the lower door shell portion at exactly the correct angle and height so that every door manufactured is exactly like the original GM doors. By using the fixture jig during assembly this ensures that every door is exact. We also realize that all internal pieces such as vent window assembly and regulators are the same. By keeping these parts on the door when creating the jig they can make sure that the front pillar is not bent or deformed.
GMCPaul
Old 10-18-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
GMCPaul

Thumbs up

Excellent News We have a pair of Blazer doors that have been donated by NGN off this Board!!!! So all you Blazer owners needing new doors you owe a great big thanks to our member NGN. He has our extreme appreciation for donating these!!!! Pickup off these doors are being arranged now for sometime at the beginning of the week and by early next year these doors will be available to be purchased. These doors and the Suburban/Panel doors are going to be made by the same manufacturer that currently supplies the GM Restoration Part doors.
GMCPaul
Old 10-19-2002, 06:13 PM   #5
71402BB
now thats a true COON DOG

Thumbs up

Cool Thats great to hear! Now all we need is burb rear quarters! LOL

71 SWB Stepside, was a 250, now is a 402 Big Block with 4 speed and 3.73's ( was crushed by a tree, bed sold, motor pulled) was my first truck!... oh well...

72 LWB 4x4 350 4-speed 3.08's posi wearing army olive drab green (SOLD!)

68 BURB 50TH LOOKALIKE work in progress, soon to have 250-I6 with a 3-speed on the tree 4.11's and posi ( currently sitting in back yard tarped awaiting time, $$$, and lots of love!)

67 1 TON- work truck 396 sm 420 4-speed, flat bed 4.57 gears "big red" (my first landscape truck, very rusty and crusty! but still gets the job done when needed!)
71402BB is offline   Reply With Quote