The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
red02chevy

86 Silverado build thread

I am a member on another forum and I am just going to copy and paste my post from there.

I am very stoked about this truck. I had a bagged 02 silverado that laid frame on 22" Boyd wheels and i sold it to build this thing. Please let me know what you guys think. Hopefully it will turn on kinda nice.

well i was looking on my photobucket and figured that i should make a project thread for my c10. since i as finally able to sell my red truck hopefully i will be able to finish this truck by the end of the year.

The truck started out as an 82 but i am switching cabs and everything to make all the 86 wiring and what not work.

at first i took it to my buddies shop just to build a 6link for it. well one thing turned into another and now my frame is completely stripped and is sitting in front of my house on my trailor on it's way to the sand blaster in the morning.

I am doing everything on this truck the absolute best i can. the truck is going to be bagged with the stock gas tanks and nothing is going to touch the ground, the rear suspension was built with towing in mind. the exterior of the truck is going to be stock black with all stock trim and molding. every single thing is going to be stock. the interior is going to be black with the stock bench covered in black leather. it will have all the stock trim inside but all the plastic and carpet and everthing will be black. the bed floor is going to be raise to retain the stock look. I will be keeping the stock a/c and moving it/cutting it to make it work. the stock inner fender wells are going to be raise and what ever i have to do to make them look stock. I am even going to make sure i can reinstall the jack and sticker on the driver side one. I am going to be running stock 15" steel wheels with skinny white tires. I am going to have my dad rebuild the motor and tranny to stocl specs.

Onto the pictures.
Here is the day we brought it home.

getting ready to pull the front end off
red02chevy is offline   Reply With Quote