The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Kantosensei

Tie rods

This last year was a very bad year for me, but I am back now and ready to get started on the Blazer once again. I am in Texas for the rest of the week and will be going back home to Japan. I need to buy tie rod ends, etc. to complete my front end of the Blazer while I am here. The pictures in the book do not look right and I was wondering if someone could tell me what I need. I know I need the left and right tie rods, but do I have to replace the entire pitman arm too? If memory serves me there is a "linkage" from the pitman arm to the drivers side tie rod. If someone could either advise me on the purchase or shoot me a picure of the entire steering linkage I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Kantosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
BLUE THUNDER

Re: Tie rods

Is the Blazer here in Texas or in Japan? I think your tie rod ends are stand alone parts. Your drag links are the ones that go on the pitman arm(one front one rear) and they almost look identical to the tie rod ends. They basically do the same thing. You might want to check LMC online to see the illustration. Good luck in Japan. BTW, what part of Texas? Mario.
BLUE THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
Kantosensei

Thanks! I knew the tie rods were stand alone, but it is the drag link that goes from the pitman arm. My Blazer is in Japan. It would be much easier if it was here. The person at the auto parts store was telling me I had to buy a new pitman arm, but I did not think so. I am from Waxahachie and there many 67-72 trucks here, but there is never on around when you need one. I will get on LMC and check it out. thanks again--David
Kantosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
BLUE THUNDER

I'm gonna put together a South Texas Blazer Meet at the end of Feb or early March. When are you comming back for good? If you're in the States, try to make it. Mario
BLUE THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
old man jimmy

I still had a couple sets of drag links out in the garage. One is perfect circle other is moog. But both use the same part numbers. They are ES2027L and ES2026R. I don't have the box for the turnbuckle so don't know part number. They're not hard to fine. when mine was new it had a one piece drag link, but don't think you can find one anymore. A word of advise thought. Use a puller to get old one off, not a pickle fork. Breaks the seal on pitman shaft.
old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote