The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
CentralCoaster

I need some chrome Wiper arms & blades that don't suck. What do you guys use?

Who sells the good stuff? Just getting refills for these things is nearly impossible these days.

The ones I have now look pretty new, but are crap. The springs are weak, or something is wrong, the middle of the wiper blade doesn't even touch the windshield. New blades didn't help, and they don't hold the blades very securely to begin with.

I finally found some good wiper tower posts from the junkyard, and don't want some loose fitting crap arms to strip them out or come unclipped at speed like these ones are doing.

Any suggestions? What about GMC Pauls? They looked really pricey, but if it works, I'll give them a shot. Or are all of them made by the same Chinese factory?

Or is there another newer option that allows me to use readily available blades while still looking good?

It seems really really pointless to have to order simple essentials like wiper blade refills off the internet. My other car is already that way.

My truck is a semi-daily driver so I can't skimp here.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 01-26-2008 at 03:07 AM.
CentralCoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
mrein3

Re: I need some chrome Wiper arms & blades that don't suck. What do you guys use?

I use stock arms, Anco refill blades, and keep a decent coat of RainX on the glass.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
CentralCoaster

Re: I need some chrome Wiper arms & blades that don't suck. What do you guys use?

Are the originals stainless?

Maybe that's what I have.

How well do they hold the blades? Do your refills have a metal bar that slides into the holder, or is it the type with a plastic channel? That's the best the autozone dummy could find for me. Those seem like they'd break off though.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
CentralCoaster

Looks like napa has original type stuff, would cost about $50 for everything, but it's just painted silver. Hmm.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
CentralCoaster

Cool Re: I need some chrome Wiper arms & blades that don't suck. What do you guys use?

Kragen sells these:

TRICO's 51 Series: adjustable wiper arms are specifically designed for domestic vehicles built before 1980. These arms adjusts to various lengths and proper lade park angle.

This stuff is all special order also.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
my70chevyc10

Im a Parts Pro at kragens in walnut and i use the kragen brand (Murphys) and they are awsome no streaks or chattering eathern and for both they were about 18 bucks . Anyone living in the san gaberal area im at the corner of Amar and Nogales come hit me up my name is john.

If for some reason i loose to a import...At least i can go home knowing the vehicle i drive drops girls panties...
my70chevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #7
CentralCoaster

Are they shiny? Seems like most of the parts store replacement stuff is black plastic.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
CentralCoaster

Well, I ended up getting "Trico" arms and blades.

Says they have a silver finish, not sure if that means painted plastic or what, but they look shiny in the photo.

I'll let you guys know if that works.

Kragen doesn't seem to carry them, at least not the arms, so i ordered from Rockauto.

Looks like Trico makes the stuff for AC-Delco, I bought a blade for my other car and its exactly the same as the delco.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 01-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Jim_PA

Yeah, when the springs broke in my originals, I went with the Trico classic replacement (probably the same as the 51's above). They appear to be natural metal, and work fine for me.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote