The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
shrtbx

Carb Linkage...need Help

Im making a change to an edlebrock 1904 ( q-jet model). I have a 700 r4 already in with an edelbrock 1406 carb. My question is do i need a linkage adaptor for the tv cable on the qjet style linkage? I know i need a bracket for the cable. If so anyone have any part numbers they can give me? I have the the kit on from bowtie overdrives for my current set up. But i think its a lil bit too pricey this time around.
thanks in advance.
shrtbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
shrtbx

Re: Carb Linkage...need Help

anyone?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Shrtbx: Does the current system you have in use work and work well? My advice is to stay with what you know to work. Need anyone remind you of the cost of repairing or rebuilding a 700 trans? The cost of the kit you mention pales in comparison. You could build a bracket for the detent but would it be right? Detent cable adjustment is critical for the 700 to operate properly and live a long productive life. jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Order this bracket from www.summitracing.com

Chrome: EDL-8030
Cadium plated: EDL-8036

The TV angle correction braket part number is SUM-700203. Costs $20.95. Everyone else wants $34 or more for the same bracket!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
shrtbx

Thanks Gchemist thats exactly what i was looking for but do they have one for the edelbrock q-jet? I know the importance of having the right set up for a 700 r4 thats why im asking the questions. Thats why i have the ez kit set up for my carb now. The reason im swapping over to a new carb is becuase im having problems with the 1406 and want to try something different. Sticking to whats most comfortable gets boring sometimes.
Thanks for the info G

Last edited by shrtbx; 02-07-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Shrtbx,
The Ez kit is the only one I know for q-jet. A stock q-jet linkage will work find. How often are you going to run at WOT?
Do use cruise control? The stock servo will need to be removed or moved. I have an aftermarket cruise so using the Edelbrock bracket is not a problem.

What is wrong with the 1406? I've had mine for 8 years. No major problems. I have to adjust the choke for winter and summer.

Check out part number TCI-376700 TV cable bracket, Carter AFB/Q-jet, Edelbrock $25.88 at www.summitracing.com

Last edited by gchemist; 02-07-2008 at 08:11 PM.
gchemist is offline   Reply With Quote