The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

Dually Fuse Box needed!

Hey Guy's

My 87 CC Dually had a small short in the running board lights, not bad enough to blow the fuse, just enough to start a small file and melt the area above the lights fuse ... I need and can not find, a fuse box (interior side) with all the wires under the dash, I can't use a painless kit as my truck has TBI with the ecm computer, I'd think that the 88 truck might work also but i not sure ..

does anyone have a link to some one that would have one? racing season starting soon and I need to get this fixed up ...

Thnx

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-09-2008 at 09:48 PM.
rickyrqacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

Re: Dually Fuse Box needed!

Go to www.car-part.com That is a search engine for wrecking yards nation wide. You simply make your choices from a few drop down menu's, pick your search region, select distance and enter your zip code.
You may or may-not get another screen asking for a bit more info like year interchange desired and/or options depending on the type of part you're looking for.
The search results will show listing from the nearest yard to you to the farthest away from you that has what you're looking for with conditions and prices as well. the harness you're looking for should be the same from 87-91 crew cab as well as the suburban and blazer. So if you don't find it for one model try another. But for ease of swapping try to stay as close as possible to your original year. The only things that might be different are the peripherals like interior courtesy lights, power windows/door lock/mirrors and all these can be disconnected from the main fuse block easily.
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum rickyrqacer. We are always glad to see know members here.

Just so you know, For Sale or Wanted to Buy posts are not allowed unless you are a subscribing member.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

Sorry Mod, I just paid for a subscription for the year ...
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Welcome to the forum rickyrqacer. We are always glad to see know members here.

Just so you know, For Sale or Wanted to Buy posts are not allowed unless you are a subscribing member.
But why would this apply if someone is asking for info as to where to find a particular part - I.E. aftermarket,dealership wrecking yard? I can seeit if some one says "Does anyone have this or that which I could buy from them, but just asking where to find it?
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
kevinr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLE 'BURBAN View Post
But why would this apply if someone is asking for info as to where to find a particular part - I.E. aftermarket,dealership wrecking yard? I can seeit if some one says "Does anyone have this or that which I could buy from them, but just asking where to find it?
Since the original post was edited by a mod and not the poster I assumed he edited out the language that broke the rules? Just an assumption though.
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

Actually, I think the message is as I wrote it ... I don't blame the owners of this site for their position, It cost them money to run this site and I just signed up. Im more then happy to contribute to the board to help cover some of the expense, and after I get this problem solved, I'll be asking a few more question to get my dually fix'd up even more ...

BTW, I still need a fuse box

RR
Old 02-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
Big Blue

Would the fuse box in this truck work????

John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.

Last edited by Big Blue; 02-25-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #9
Big Blue

Sending this to the top.
Need to know by this Wed. on the fuse box.Truck is going for scrap. Cab,front and rear are going unless someone wants them. Make Offer.
Fuse box goes to rickyrqacer free, welcome to the group.

John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #10
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

Big Blue, thanks for the kindness ... to save to some trouble, can you look at the box and see if it looks like my melted one? i'd hate to have you pull it out if it will not work ... what year is that "junker" that you have ? does it have power window?

As for free, thats good, but I gotta atleast pay for shipping and lunch ...

RR
Old 02-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
Since the original post was edited by a mod and not the poster I assumed he edited out the language that broke the rules? Just an assumption though.
Good assumption, that is correct.

rickyrqacer I appreciate your understanding as well as your support...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #12
Dooley

There's a guy with 1988 and 89 Suburbans being parted out in 73-87 parts board. These would be fuel injected vehicles of the R or V series. I think the dash harness would be compatible with your 87.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #13
Big Blue

rickyrqacer, I was told it is 86,87.
The interior was gutted. Only thing left is the cab,and front/ rear. The box is still in along with the dash harnes and engine harness. I have the light harness.
The wheels and tires do not go with the front/rear, org. owner wants them.
If all works out then shipping would be fine.

John

Old 02-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

BB, if it's an 86, if won't be the same, as it's not for TBI with computer ... thanks for the effort though ...

RR

Last edited by rickyrqacer; 02-12-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #15
Big Blue

It does have the computer and tbi setup. I will be stopping by my sons work where the truck is located later today. I will photo the fuse box and see if it looks like yours.

John

Old 02-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #16
Big Blue

rickyrqacer,
I looked at the fuse box. I am 99.9% sure it is the same one as yours. My son is bringing home the whole truck tonight. I will be pulling the motor and trans out as well as the cab,fuse box and whatever anybody might need. Let me know if you still need the box.

JOhn

Old 02-13-2008, 05:45 AM   #17
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

Sure, I'll see if it's the same as what I need ... do you know if that donar truck has ac-powerwindow and locks? those are prolly the only differances I can see that might cause me missing wires problems

Thanks again BB ...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #18
Big Blue

Sorry rickyrqacer,no power windows or locks.
Here are some pic. Not the best pics but maybe you can see something.
Tommarrow I'll try for better pics.

John

Last edited by Big Blue; 02-25-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
rickyrqacer
Toasted Dually Club

John, thanks for the photos, from what I can see, all the labels seem the same, I'll see if I can PM you my personal e-mail address to send the new ones you take ...

Rick