The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
mod58

Question Nos Parts In Canada???????????

I was talking to someone that works for a GM dealer and he said that there are alot of GM nos parts readily available in Canada,But it is almost imposible to get them through customs!! I can't see what would be such a problem!!!Does anyone know any truth to this????????????
Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Survivin Project

Re: Nos Parts In Canada???????????

What you have herd is true indeed! at my local dealer there is quite a bit of nos stock, but at a price of course.... also gm dosent actually have the parts you have to go though a 3rd party who has bought all the older stock items. But you can get it up here just like i said at a price!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Russell
Professional Grade

GM charges simply insane prices for everything up here. A new fender would be in the thousands
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
trixter99
I have no time for this

It's getting harder to find parts up here I cannot get oem front fenders for my 86 for under 500.00 each if at all. G.M. short box sides or no longer available but if they were they would be 1200.00 eachYou can still get some interior parts but they are pricey to say the least. I work in a body shop and I'm always asking for parts for my truck when I'm on the phone with the parts man. It pisses me off cause I used to be able to reskin an entire long box truck for 1800.00 inthe early ninties.
1999 Hugger orange Camaro SS
2007 BMW X5 Sport
Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

You all up in Canada are getting hammered. Forget the exchange rate, $1800 for a reskin? In 92 I worked for Denooyer Chev in Albany NY and bought all the sheetmetal for my 84 long box for just under a grand. No bed floor or hood though. Mabey a NOS setup might just kind of slip across the border when no one's lookin' and land on your doorstep? BTW, I jst finished hanging all that sheetmetal, no point in rushing things. jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #6
C.W

We get screwed even in the aftermarket and jobber parts market too.
98 Cheyenne Ext cab short box 2wd. Driver and maybe future project.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
tkeduk8r

Well I jsut tried selling an item (non-truck) on Ebay to a gentleman in Ontario... It has turned into a total disaster as far as shipping and address issues... I have finally tried to send his his money back via postal money order and after two weeks appartenly still hasnt gotten there.... I didnt realize that dealing with the guys a few hours north of me could be so difficult with new regulations...
--Mike
68 Buick Skylark Custom Conv., 350/TH400/2.56 In our family since '79
69 GMC 1500 SWB 2WD, 350/TH350/3.73 posi...
70 K10 SWB 4X4 4-sp,ps, pb, tilt, buckets, console, sliding back window (Need AC parts) WIP
72 Chevy K20 4x4 350/350/205/4.56 donor
72 Vette 350/M21/3.70 posi, triple black and super fast
84 Olds Cutlass Brougham 350/2004r/4.11 was Dad's
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 AM   #8
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Hay Mike, you know who you have to thank for that don't ya?
[B]SLICK WILLIE CLINTON!!![B] and his NAFTA disaster. Remember that come election day when SLIMY HILLERY is running!!!
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
bb1979

I'm getting screwed worse here in Australia,

doors - $350 ea
Front Fenders - $225
Hood - $320

Total $1245 and thats for the Taiwanise junk

Want bedsides over here import a bed from the US and repair
Old 02-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by James McClure View Post
Hay Mike, you know who you have to thank for that don't ya?
[B]SLICK WILLIE CLINTON!!![B] and his NAFTA disaster. Remember that come election day when SLIMY HILLERY is running!!!

Public Law 103-182
On Feb.5 1991, President Bush notified the Chairman of the Committee of Ways and Means that he, President Salinas, and Prime Minister Mulroney had agreed, on the basis of trilateral consultations and consultations with the private sector and Members of Congress, to seek a 3-way free trade area.
On August 12, 1992, President George H.W.Bush announced the completion of negotiations for a comprehensive North American Free Trade Agreement between Mexico, Canada, and the United States. His US Trade Representative was Carla A. Hills. On Sept 18, 1992 President Bush notified the Speaker of the House and the the President of the Senate, in accordance with the 90 day notice requirement under section 1103(a)(1) of the 1988 ACT, of his intent to enter into a NAFTA with the Governments of Mexico and Canada. On Oct.7,1992, President Bush, President Salinas, and Prime Minister Mulroney met in San Antonio, Texas, to discuss plans for implementing the NAFTA and affirmed their shared commitment to adopt the agreement in 1993, to take affect Jan.1, 1994. The 3 trade ministers who negotiated the agreement -U.S. Trade representative Carla A. Hills, Secretary Jaime Serra, and Minister Michael Wilson- initialed the draft legal text. On Dec. 17,1992 President Bush, President Salinas, and Prime Minister Mulroney signed the agreement in their respective capitals. BUSH negotiated NAFTA! Bush was very, very smart. He knew people would remember who signed the official final paperwork, not who negotiated it. Go look it up!

Last edited by Dooley; 02-21-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: more data
Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #11
Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeduk8r View Post
Well I jsut tried selling an item (non-truck) on Ebay to a gentleman in Ontario... It has turned into a total disaster as far as shipping and address issues... I have finally tried to send his his money back via postal money order and after two weeks appartenly still hasnt gotten there.... I didnt realize that dealing with the guys a few hours north of me could be so difficult with new regulations...
--Mike
Nothing new here! Whenever shipping to Canada and the package is within US Post Office Regulation size, this is the only way to ship. If you use UPS/FedEx or shipper they will nail you on brokerage/customs charges. Whenever you send mail to Canada, unless you really don't care how long it takes, use air mail postage. It's worth the extra couple bits as it speeds delivery up big time!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Dooley, I stand corrected, good job.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by James McClure View Post
Dooley, I stand corrected, good job.
A pic of what politicians are full of!

No problem. It's commom belief on that matter because of the timing. It would have been interesting if GW had won a second term. All politicians are crooks. Some more than others. I'm for nailing every one of them for anything they do to us. Ross Perot ran at the wrong time. Let's face it, politicians spend tens of millions of dollars, sometimes even some of it their own, to get elected to a job that pays a few hundred thousand a year. That can't be good for the rest of us. I do talk politics on some discussion boards but, prefer not to mix crap like that with TRUCKS! Back to the good stuff!
Attached Images

Closed Thread