The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #1
joedoozer
is Certifiable

A few questions and will be needing a few things

Picked this truck up last weekend. 72 C10 LWB. It is in nice shape, but does need a few things.

First thing I would like to do is get rid of the monster tach someone screwed to the A pillar. Auto tranny and the stupid thing has a shift light haha. Makes me laugh just looking at it. It did not come with a factory tach, but I would like to but one in. Do I need to just install the tach, or does the entire dash face need to be changed? I have seen tachs, but they have no numbers. Makes me assume that the numbers are in the dash face.

Also I could use some new trim. I have the trim with the wood grain sticker in it. Found some online........but $560 is way too much for me to spend right now. Especially since it needs to be painted first. Would look like new shoe laces on a homeless guys shoes. So has anyone stumbled across a 72 chevy graveyard? I would be happy finding some used trim. What I might end up doing is blackening in the trim, where the wood grain is. Would at least give it a bit of color, and give it a cleaner look until I find something.
Attached Images

joedoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
joedoozer
is Certifiable

Re: A few questions and will be needing a few things

Also looking for a vintage 72 Georgia plate.
joedoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
exbbcoach

Re: A few questions and will be needing a few things

You can buy the woodgrain tape to put over the old stuff at some places. There have been posts here before about cleaning the chrome too. Mine came from sitting in a cotton field for 8 years. I took everthing out---inside and out!! Took me a little over 2 years. I am retired so have time, but not much money!! lol
exbbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote