The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

airbag hardware?

here's one for you all.

just curious - i ordered CPP notch, four 'bags and a front plate/cup kit from suicidedoors, and i noticed today that a) they gave me no nuts/bolts/hardware, i have no screw-in port for the bag, no bumpstops...

is it normal to not get any of this stuff? I figured i'd at least get the nice, shallow rubber bumpstops i see everyone else with CPP notches has.

where is the best place to get the ports/nipples for my bags?

where can i get the sweet shallow bumpstops for my notch?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
jlaird

Re: airbag hardware?

you can get the bumpstops at summit: here Theres other sizes there too, just do a little lookin.

Fittings, theres lots of places, suicide doors and hoseandfittings.com come to mind.

Last edited by jlaird; 02-26-2008 at 08:59 PM.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

your local tractor trailer supply store will have all the fittings you need (FGI is where I get mine).
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

what are you guys using for your front bumpstops? you know, i keep seeing guys with bumpstops mounted to the upper plate, just curious where that came from.

i believe these SS RE2/700 bags have an internal bumpstop, so not sure it even matters.

or is everyone just running the stock bumpstops?

and i noticed MrShelley's incredibly nice looking hardware here, curious where he got this:

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-26-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
shifty
Questionable

Also, is the thread on the CPP notch 3/8-24? I suppose I could figure this out on my own @ home, but if someone knows it off the top of their head, that'd be great

Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Shane
Account Suspended

my cpp notch came with bumpstops ... bags are not shipped with fittings ... Mr. Shelley's piece appears to be a machined piece, not store bought.

Last edited by Shane; 02-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
MotorHead Lon

This is how I mounted my bumpstops. I did it this way to make sure nothing touches the bag and so I have 1" of clearance under the crossmember. I got my bumpstops from a local speedshop.

98 Crew Cab Dually, tow rig.

03 Dodge Neon. ECTA Ohio Mile record holder.

Last edited by MotorHead Lon; 04-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
MotorHead Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Shane
Account Suspended

Lick Skillet eh? I know a few ol' boys over yer way. Hell, I'm in Athens ... small world.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

You probably would have received fittings (along with tank, compressor and air line) if you purchased an "Air Management System". As far as where to find the fittings, I agree with Rollie396... Your local semi tractor service centre will have everything you need.
1970 Pontiac Lemans
C10-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #10
MotorHead Lon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Lick Skillet eh? I know a few ol' boys over yer way. Hell, I'm in Athens ... small world.

Hey man you got some of my neighbor's mugshots there.

When I ordered my air control setup from AirRide Tech I got my fittings. But I went to Fleet Pride and bought compression fittings.

98 Crew Cab Dually, tow rig.

03 Dodge Neon. ECTA Ohio Mile record holder.
MotorHead Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
my cpp notch came with bumpstops ... bags are not shipped with fittings ... Mr. Shelley's piece appears to be a machined piece, not store bought.
While tending to my SS&S this morning, I was flipping through a CCT mag and saw the CPP ad which shows the notch kit as coming with hardware, bumpstops and instructions - I didn't get any of those three things.

Just called CPP to inquire, since I had to refuse the other package. Javier took my call and said it should have come with this stuff, so he's shipping it out ASAP, no questions asked.

I dunno, I keep seeing people say CPP has terrible customer service, but they've been pretty damned good so far to me, and both times I've called their staff, they've been courteous and helped.

so, that gets rid of the bump stop issue Now I just need to go get some fittings and line!

Last edited by shifty; 02-28-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #12
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
While tending to my SS&S this morning, I was flipping through a CCT mag and saw the CPP ad which shows the notch kit as coming with hardware, bumpstops and instructions - I didn't get any of those three things.

Just called CPP to inquire, since I had to refuse the other package. Javier took my call and said it should have come with this stuff, so he's shipping it out ASAP, no questions asked.

I dunno, I keep seeing people say CPP has terrible customer service, but they've been pretty damned good so far to me, and both times I've called their staff, they've been courteous and helped.

so, that gets rid of the bump stop issue Now I just need to go get some valves and line!
I've been getting my air fittings from Fastenal. They sure are proud of them though.

I've been dealing with Randy at CPP. When I ordered my notch and track bar, the trackbar was on backorder. They shipped me the notch immediately, and then shipped the bar when it came in later, for no additional charge (2 packages, vs 1). I've been happy with the customer service at CPP.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
shifty
Questionable

Interesting, got a Fastenal just down the road. I'll hafta look into that route, it was one I hadn't thought of.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #14
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Interesting, got a Fastenal just down the road. I'll hafta look into that route, it was one I hadn't thought of.
They're pricey, but you get get them immediately if you need them. They have both the DOT fittings and the non-DOT fittings.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

what's the diff'ce?

did you pick them up actually at the store, like, they actually had them in stock? i don't know what fitting size my bags are (don't have the invoice handy), but i'd just as soon carry the bag into the store and test the fitting right there.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
hotrodhomi

google- parker fittings for your area. I when to Sacramento hose and fitting, but they are a little far from you. They are a parker supplier and had everything in stock.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #17
shifty
Questionable

Man, Parker seriously really sucks if you're a normal guy and you just want to find a store. Their distributor search at the Parker.com main website is the absolute worst I've ever seen, period, and I used to design websites like theirs for a living!

Using Google, it *looks* like there is one down in College Park, right near the southside I-75/I-285 intersection. I can't be 100% certain that it actually IS a Parker store, though.

I wonder if the Hydraulic shop that did my PS hoses sells em? Will hafta call and check really quick.

Last edited by shifty; 02-29-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
Shane
Account Suspended

MSC should have everything you need ... I order from them quite regularly and they almost always have my stuff to me over night but at normal ground rate.

MSC
6700 Discovery Blvd.
Mableton, GA 30126
Local (770) 739-2119
Fax: (770) 732-1609

P.S. I worked for Parker Hannifin for over 10 years ... ain't a better fitting out there, but be ready to pay thru the nose for 'em ... you're right, they could give a rip about the normal guy on the street who only needs 3 or 4 fittings, they're business is geared toward blanket / repeat orders to distributors and industrial users who consume fittings by the hundreds and/or thousands ... think Texaco, NASA, Boeing, etc.

Last edited by Shane; 02-29-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
jlaird

I got some PTC fittings at Fastenel when I needed only a couple. Ask if you can get a contractor discount. Should knock off about 10% if they agree.

Another place that I learned about over at the S10 forum is poweraire.com. Their prices are really good.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #20
shifty
Questionable

Fastenal usually gives me a contractor discount of 10-15%. I've been in there at least twice a month since I started my swap.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #21
Shane
Account Suspended

DAMN! Those prices on www.poweraire.com are low ... damn near free compared to Parker's PushLok fittings!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #22
jlaird

Quote:
DAMN! Those prices on www.poweraire.com are low ... damn near free compared to Parker's PushLok fittings!
Here's a post about them. Not sure what to think: clicky
Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
C10 Club Tennessee

Not to bring this thread back to life for anything important, but did anybody ever find out where Shelley got those thick washers for the bottom mount on his bags???

Can't seem to find any thick washers like that. Fastenal maybe??

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #24
Frizzle Fry

They were made by a board member (maybe him). I remember a thread about it asking if anyone would be interested in them if he were to sell them.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
Shane
Account Suspended

That was me asking if anyone would be interested.

The answer was YES but not enough to pay what it would cost to cover the costs of making them.