The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 AM   #1
bigbadchev72
People know me

today was a good day

well after finally getting this thing on the road I have never had a speedo or a working fuel gauge, just filled it up every week. after replacing the speedo cable and verifying that it worked with a drill i got to looking at the little box adapter i noticed that the peg that goes into the transfer case was rounded over on the square part, i tossed it aside and installed the cable to the case. speedo now works, cross that one off the list.

when i first got my blazer the rear tank was not hooked up, it had hickey saddle tanks. I had to drop the rear tank to get all the nasty gas out. then found that the fuel gauge was no worky, i then dropped it again to inspect what was going on. I ohmed the sender out and it was dead. re-installed and ordered a new sending unit. dropped the tank again and installed, hooked back up still nothing. i busted out the multimeter and sure enough 70 something ohms to the fuel gauge. ordered a new resistor, waited 2.5 weeks to get it, installed and nothing, still on empty. I seen in another thread on here about using the ford float, i got one at the dealership for $7.00 bucks, dropped the tank today (to find it still had 12-13gallons still in it after driving it to work for 2 weeks! thats 10miles round trip, i was trying to get most of the gas out so that i could drop it, not bad for 4.56s and 35" boggers) pulled the sending unit out and sure enough, the new sending unit float was full of gas! stuck the ford one on, and hooked the tank back up (on the ground) and what do you know! my fuel gauge works! feels good to finally get this thing beat!

Now all I gotta do is get the driveline vibes taken care of, my HAD shaft will be here later this week, so i figure that will be a good time to drop the transfercase and fix the leak my wife keeps getting on to me about that is on the driveway!
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: today was a good day

Congrats. Ain't it a blast owning an old truck?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: today was a good day

You're making progress!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote