The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
87Bob

Anyone running bags in the rear for 2/4 drop

I like the 2/4 drop but I still want to be able to haul a load and tow a load. Anyone using bags in the rear when loaded to do this if so how has it worked out? Thanks!
87Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
wicked_sky_gazer
Living Legend

Re: Anyone running bags in the rear for 2/4 drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Bob View Post
I like the 2/4 drop but I still want to be able to haul a load and tow a load. Anyone using bags in the rear when loaded to do this if so how has it worked out? Thanks!

I personally havent done it but I worked with a guy that did it on an '86 suburban and and he used a helper bag setup similar to this and said it worked out great.

Im not to worried i have an uncaning ability to save myself from some weeeiiirrd crap
East Ok meet East Ok date

Tony
wicked_sky_gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
87Bob

Thanks for the reply! I had heard that if you do a 4 inch drop in the rear that you can wide up with a problem when you carry a load. That is why I wondered about the bags in the rear to support the additional occasional weight
87Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
wicked_sky_gazer
Living Legend

I dont remember for sure but i believe that my '81 has a 5 drop in the rear and let me tell you from experience it doesn't take much of a load on it, (trailer or bed) to really tick you off driving down the road. Me after pulling a lincoln welder ~~~>

Im not to worried i have an uncaning ability to save myself from some weeeiiirrd crap

Tony
Old 04-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_sky_gazer View Post
I dont remember for sure but i believe that my '81 has a 5 drop in the rear and let me tell you from experience it doesn't take much of a load on it, (trailer or bed) to really tick you off driving down the road. Me after pulling a lincoln welder ~~~>
My 74 has the 8-leaf 'HD' spring option, flip-kit, + Bell Tech drop shackles & no c-sections. You prob had alot more clearance than me .
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
wicked_sky_gazer
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
My 74 has the 8-leaf 'HD' spring option, flip-kit, + Bell Tech drop shackles & no c-sections. You prob had alot more clearance than me .
YEAH WOW!... Once I break that initial stiff spot in the suspension though its all down hill from there i bought the truck already dropped and never thought to look at how he did it before i bought it. but hey its ok i'm building a new chassis to put it on now with full air so i'm not too worried bout it anymore.

Tony