The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
Southern C10
Is it done yet?

Reproduction parts Qs???

Ive been looking around here and online for about a week now and was wondering; Do all the vendors/parts places sale the same reproduction parts from the same places overseas? Or, is one place better than another as far as quality?

Id like some consumer feedback on parts used by boaerd members and the satisfaction level. Mainly im looking at a LMC repro tilt wheel steering column, body side molding, and front fenders/grille/tailgate/front bumper, all from my 72 Chevy.

Im trying to buy a few parts I know I need so when I get home from overseas I can start on my truck without wasting some of my leave waiting on the delivery truck to show up. I just dont want to come home to a pile of cheap parts.

Thanks for all the help.

John 3:16

MY BUILD THREAD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398108
Southern C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
ctucker

Re: Reproduction parts Qs???

ive used classic and brothers classic is extremely fast on shipping and brothers is very very slow. But they all seem to be the very cheap overseas stuff but it depends what you get I have not done body panels so I cant help you there but I have done quite a bit of interior ordering and I've been happy with some of it and not so much with others it is ALOT of hit and miss
Old 04-25-2008, 02:36 AM   #3
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I bought some front fenders from a board member, (Baggersocal), who had got them from Brothers I think. Quality was O.K. They fit good, but the holes for the emblems were off a little bit on one of the fenders...
Old 04-25-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

If you don't want cheap parts I would recommend www.gmcpauls.com . Part of his business is rebuilding these trucks, so he knows what does and doesn't work. When you call or e-mail you're talking with someone who knows what the parts are and how the fit. You don't get that from the company you mentioned. Another very good vendor is from Tennessee www.christiansclassics.com . I don't know how far he is from you, but if he's close you can save a bunch on shipping. And Tim is a regular on this board.

There are now parts of differing quality being made. We didn't have that option a few years ago, we had to use whatever junk was sold, and it was the same everywhere. Quantity and competition has changed the market for the better. The two vendors I mentioned will not sell the lesser quality parts, unless that's the best they can get. Visit their websites, e-mail them with your questions, and you should be a happy customer with either one.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
coggonobrien

how does lmc compare?
coggonobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 AM   #6
leddzepp

I live right down the street from Brothers...again, hit and miss. Their A/C center vent upgrade kit was junk, but I had really good luck with their chrome rear bumper. LMC has great prices, but I have not been too pleased with most stuff I have purchased from them. If you are looking for reproduction trim pieces, I would go with www.truckandcarshop.com They seem to have pretty good stuff...in fact any repro part that is manufactured by "counterpart" is their own label, which means they manufacture it themselves. Goodmark and Mar-K have good repro body panels...I have a 72 also, hope this helps.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Number98
Prestige Worldwide

Just as a note

Mar-K has alot of their stuff made here in the US, which is important to me.......

Number98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
Wrenchbender Ret

I am close to LMC. They have a huge warehouse. Everything I've wanted is always in stock. The Quality has always been satisfactory.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number98 View Post
Just as a note

Mar-K has alot of their stuff made here in the US, which is important to me.......

Our parts are MADE BY MAR-K in our plant in Oklahoma City. Most of the companies who say they make their parts actually have them made OVERSEAS. We not only sell retail, but to many dealers across the US & Canada. Ask if it is a MAR-K part when you order!

Take a look at a link on our website to see some of the differences in parts made here and imports:
http://www.mar-k.com/product_comparison.html
There is also a link to see how some of our parts are made
http://www.mar-k.com/plant_tour.html

Hope this helps
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
Southern C10
Is it done yet?

Thanks Mar-K.

Im checking out you site tonight.

I just happen to be in Iraq along side some guys from the 45 Brigade OK national guard. Good boys.

Thanks again.

John 3:16

MY BUILD THREAD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398108
Southern C10 is offline   Reply With Quote