The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
jdurant

Daddy got a new toy (2wd Blazer)

Instead of just painting my 87swb and getting it back on the road, I figured it really needs to be restored, but I need to put the finishing touches on the mustang and at least get the Buick back on the road. So I needed a new driver. I flew to Dallas on Friday and drove this home to Houston on Saturday. I had a friend drive it and report back before I bought my plane ticket. I'm really happy with the purchase. Drove home flawlessly. Stopped on a nice road and snapped this pic with my cell phone.

It's an 82 2wd. That is the original paint color and was resprayed about 2 years ago. The paint is pretty good. Everyting is straight and as far as I can tell. About as original as I've seen. Tan interior, clean, everything there. Not perfect, worn as would be expected-I like to call it a patina-but everything little thing works. 305 with everything in tact even smog pump. Sounds good runs great. The only thing I am worried about is I believe the ac box is leaking inside the cab, and has been for awhile. Rusted small hole in the rocker panel--with just a little surface rust on the pass. floor board--very minor wont even need to replace rocker. Supposed to be lowered but don't see how. The front might be with springs, but I think the back is just sagging stock. Does it look lowered to yall?
Immediate plans: Put an 87 grill on it--color matched copper. Remove the bumperettes. Remove the little wind deflectors off the top of the windows obviously. Paint the rallies copper and put them on with new chrome centers and trim rings. Then 2 inches lower in back and 3 inches lower in front. It looks like it has rake in this pic, but really doesn't. It's pretty even--if anything 1/2" higher in front. Oh, I need to fix the track width problem as soon as I figure out how.
Ideally I would like to make it lower than that but will have to wait awhile.
I'll take some good befores and after. I would like to have all this done in the next two weeks.--Mayber a little longer with the drop.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-15-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: You must be a subscribing member to post items "For Sale"
jdurant is offline   Reply With Quote