The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
poorboy

This sucks

So we get home from the inlaws tonight and my sons cat who is god knows how old is curled up in the litter box. We get him out and he's just not doing well. We wrapped him in a towel and went to talk to Ray. We told him we did not think Venture had much time left and asked if he wanted to hold him. He said he's my kitty I want to snuggle with him. They looked at each other and not 5 min later he was gone. Those two sure loved each other. I'm really glad they got to say there goodbye's. Here's a pic of the 2 of them.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
SBellew

Re: This sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy View Post
So we get home from the inlaws tonight and my sons cat who is god knows how old is curled up in the litter box. We get him out and he's just not doing well. We wrapped him in a towel and went to talk to Ray. We told him we did not think Venture had much time left and asked if he wanted to hold him. He said he's my kitty I want to snuggle with him. They looked at each other and not 5 min later he was gone. Those two sure loved each other. I'm really glad they got to say there goodbye's. Here's a pic of the 2 of them.
I hate losing an animal that has been around and part of the family for many years. My wife and I had a cat that we got shortly after we were married that was a pheluk carrier and she was with us for about 10 years til it got the best of her. Its been a little over a year now and we still miss her dearly.

My build thread (Its a slow one)
SBellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
68c10owner

That sucks. I remember loosing pets as a kid and it was tough. I lost a cat about 7 yrs ago and it was tough. Kids have a harder time because they don`t understand. i`m not looking forward to the time I have to explain this to my kids.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
truckn'

I feel you poor boy, I had 4 pitbulls as family pets and my first and favorite died 2 years ago from leukemia. the whole family was tore up. it sucks loosing family pets. I cried for a day and a half. thoughts with you family and especially your boy.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Wow... thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time. It's amazing how much a pet can become apart of the family. At least they were both able to be with one another in the last few moments of Venture's life.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 05-13-2008 at 03:07 PM.
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
ampsyco

we had 6 cats. one of our cats we got from a friend. he was attacked by an animal or something. my friend took him to the vet to get him fixed up. he couldnt keep him so i took him home. not planning on keeping him.

about 6 months after we got him we decided to move to florida. he came with us. we brought him to the vet here because he hadnt gained any weight since we got him and he was thin, very thin. when you pet him you could feel his spine. he ate about 5 cans of food a day. so we figured something was wrong.

we had him checked out. ha had hyper thyroid and cancer, lots of it. so much they told us he wouldnt make 6 months.

well 2 and 1/2 years later i had to have him put to sleep. he stopped eating. he knew it was his time i guess. i miss him every day.

i feel for you. at least he went at home. peacefully.
ampsyco is offline   Reply With Quote