The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
jp's67

Rocker box reinforcement panel?

I have start by saying that this is an awesome site. It has been a great resource for all the problems I have encountered so far.

This is my first post so I will try to get some intro pictures up for you. I'm replacing the rockers and b pillar parts and was wondering if anyone has replaced the panel behind the b pillar? This is the one that ties in the step to rocker box/caps and runs parallel to the quarter panel. If anyone has done this replacement - how hard was it? Is it just bolted in or are there spot welds mixed in? Can you replace it without taking out the rocker boxes? Is it worth it? GmcPauls appears to have this panel http://www.gmcpauls.com/pictures/69-...AssemPlate.jpg

I would just leave it alone but now that I know it's rusted out it is going to bother me until I replace it. I've had this blazer for almost a year and haven't driven it once. I can't take it anymore. It's going to be 90 out Thursday it sure would be nice to go for a spin.

My plans for this rig will be top off cruising in the summer and hunting/trail rig in the winter.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the panel replacement.
Attached Images

jp's67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
jaros44sr

Re: Rocker box reinforcement panel?

First off welcome from Philly Pa. Nice job on bringing that one back, Like the ralleyes and the nose.

Not sure on the pc. you posted up, need better referance to where it is located, but if it is the pc. I'm thinking of, it doesn't exist. Good news is it is not that hard to fab up. The pc. you are showing closes off the back of the rocker box and ties into the back of the B post. Once you blow it apart, you'll have a better sense of what you need. It's all doable, just amatter of patience

great looking truck, keep us posted on your progress and lots of pics...makes it easier to help,and we get something to look at

BTW, if you can live with it till the winter, makes for a better time to do major repairs

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-15-2008 at 01:39 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
pound41

I think the piece that you have your finger on is the piece being made by Wes search vendor list
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Welcome, awesome to see another one being saved. Hope the more knowledgable guys can help you out and get you cruising! Nothing like being topless, by gawd.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote