The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
70ChevyCST

Anyone know if these wheels would fit on my truck?

Below is a link with photos...The guy says they came of a Colorado/Canyon. My truck is a 70 Chevy CST-10 with 15 " 6 lug wheels and 235/75r/15 tires. I've been looking for larger tires as the 235's look small...Anyone have any experience here and know if these American Racing wheels will fit on my truck? The wheels would be a big added bonus in this situation. Thanks, Bob

http://rochester.craigslist.org/pts/685839485.html
I'm a grateful Christian not perfect in any way, but always striving to become better with Christ's help. I'm grateful for what He did for me on that cross at Calvary. I hope there is a desire in your heart for the same: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Last edited by 70ChevyCST; 05-21-2008 at 04:59 PM.
70ChevyCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Re: Anyone know if these wheels would fit on my truck?

Dont hold me to it, but I believe they will

I went to American Racings website & looked them up for a Colorado & it said the bolt pattern was 6x5.5
It looks like the centers are big enough, so the only thing left to worry about is offset

Killer
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
70ChevyCST

Hi guys,
Just for info. that maybe someone else may need in the future......I met with this guy last night and the American Racing wheels (polished Bajas I think)that were formerly on the Canyon/Colorado (06-08?) bolted right up to my 70 Chevy CST-10....(the studs were somewhat short because of the thickness of the wheel hub).....but when I turned the front wheel to the extremes there were interferences....worst one being the bracket that holds the upper part of the rubber brake hose...second "almost interference" was the tie rod end....upper A-arm was very close on top without even turning the wheel.....so in the end....I had to turn the deal down...It's too bad too because he would have taken $350.00 for 4 brand new Dunlop tires and nice American racing wheels.....Bob
I'm a grateful Christian not perfect in any way, but always striving to become better with Christ's help. I'm grateful for what He did for me on that cross at Calvary. I hope there is a desire in your heart for the same: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
70ChevyCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Thanks fr the info update. It is always nice to know these things.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

all your going to need is spacers. I bet those wheels have a 2" or so backspace. Kind of like the newer generation GM truck rims. spacers, and a little opening up of the center hole in the rim and you should be fine.

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote