The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Rokcrln

Off road suspension Ford over Chevy

Yes it is a Ford over a 67 chevy! I puled this out last week to get some pics in order to put it up for sale and thought you might like to see them. The body is Ford but the rest is just good suspension design that will work on any custom built chevy as well. It is trianguladed 4 link front and rear with 16" travel fow air shocks at each corner rated at 1000lbs each. It has an atlass 5.1 transfer case and 4.88 R&P. In low range it will crawl up anything and with the axels pushed all the front and back it will climb right up a brick wall as well. It has a 95% aproach and departure angle. Here are some pics! It is also running full hydro steering (no steering box or shaft just 4 hydro hoses). It will get one tire up to about 58" when it is fully flexed out with the other three still on the ground!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-25-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
abadsvt

Re: Off raod suspension Ford over Chevy

THAT'S SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why are you selling it. I haven't gone for a ride in it yet! I have always wanted to build one of those. There is just something about the suspension being articulated like that just looks fun. Bad A$$!!

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post
THAT'S SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why are you selling it. I haven't gone for a ride in it yet! I have always wanted to build one of those. There is just something about the suspension being articulated like that just looks fun. Bad A$$!!

Josh
Too many projects and not enough time or money for then all. I have also gotten out of the offroad thing amd more into the street scean. I have a few more street truck and muscle cars to build and it is so much easier to keep a street car in nice shape.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
scotts62
One day...

Thats Freaking awsome!! Im not muck into the 4x4 scene but i have to hand it to ya!

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post

Josh
Ya i haven't had a ride either

Ive always wanted to build like a dune buggy with a street bike engine in it, just a 2 seater with a hellatious roll cage because you know your going to crash

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 05-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
LMDGUY

SWEET.. I always wanted a old bronco

2013 Silverado

1964 Cadillac
LMDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #7
Rokcrln

Re: Off road suspension Ford over Chevy

Yep this is just a rollcage with alot of motor, gearing and some body panels so you can call it somthing. It has over 450hp, 4.88rp, 5.1 Atlass T-case, 2600rpm torque converter so in low it will not stop if it runs into somthing. It will just crawl up and over Then in hi range on the street if you nail it it just jumps up in the air and does a 4wheel burn out untill you let off or get going fast enough for traction. It was built as a duel sport being able to crawl with the best of them or do hi speed desert runs in the Mojavi. The shocks are fully tunable with nitrogen and only weigh in at 6lbs each and can suport 1000lbs each.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #8
scotts62
One day...

Re: Off road suspension Ford over Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Yep this is just a rollcage with alot of motor, gearing and some body panels so you can call it somthing. It has over 450hp, 4.88rp, 5.1 Atlass T-case, 2600rpm torque converter so in low it will not stop if it runs into somthing. It will just crawl up and over Then in hi range on the street if you nail it it just jumps up in the air and does a 4wheel burn out untill you let off or get going fast enough for traction. It was built as a duel sport being able to crawl with the best of them or do hi speed desert runs in the Mojavi. The shocks are fully tunable with nitrogen and only weigh in at 6lbs each and can suport 1000lbs each.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Heck ya thats cool! sounds like that bad boy could be alot of fun!
What would be cool is put those flapper Wheels on it the take it to the dunes lol

93 crew cab build
Project 62