The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

doors and handles

a while ago i posted about an issue with the door handles and putting the silverado door panels/cups on my truck which is an 82, we determined that my inner door handles were off a wrong genre truck so Capt kaos chimed in that he had the correct door handles in stock and i bought a set for each side of the truck, so they came in and all and i just didnt have time to get to the job until today.
the ones that were on there came out easy enough and but the problem was the ones capt sent me where the linkage hooks to the door handle the new ones were wider and wouldnt accept the clip that holds the linkage in there ( the new ones didnt come with the clips either) and the linkage was kinda tight in the hole...so were there different size inkages within the years?

The door on my truck is an aftermarket door although i dont know where it was purchased as they came off a NY Ulster County truck and i got em used on ebay..
I was able to complete the job tho cause i had the old handles from the original doors sitting in my basement and they still worked although are sloppy
I guess i gotta get clips somewhere now
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 05-27-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: added pics
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: doors and handles

anyway i got the dern thing together and finished putting on the door panels and the carpeted undersides
I want to thank everyone on here who sold me parts or gave me advice on this one

by the way i took a pic showing the left side of the truck so that one can see when you use power window door panels on a crank window truck what it looks like the holes are in the right place but on the drivers side it isnt totally hidden.. it does work tho
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote