The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
c10addict

Any car club members out there?

I am a member of The Hollywood Knights a local car club. We are a bunch of guys who like to hang out and cruise together.. Here is our website. www.hwknights.com Anybody else in a car club? do you have a website to share?
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

Re: Any car club members out there?

I am 1 of the 5 founding members of The Late Night Cruisers here in Fredericksburg,Va. We went public on Jan 1st, so we're just starting to grow. All we have right now is a Myspace page, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...c-8679dea78414

Chuck

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"

Last edited by 72 CustomCamper; 06-12-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: bad spelling
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Sure am... Would you believe I don't even know a lot of the members...

No web site that I know of. Maybe I'll have to start one.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
PipsC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
I am a member of The Hollywood Knights a local car club. We are a bunch of guys who like to hang out and cruise together.. Here is our website. www.hwknights.com Anybody else in a car club? do you have a website to share?
The web site is really cool, beautiful truck and the rest of the vehicles look really nice too. I wish there was a local club with a wide variety of vehicles involved like that one. All we have is Corvette, model specific type of clubs. Looks like fun.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
HuggerCST

I agree, very nice site. A few of us here started our own La. truck club a while back. www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
see ten
WTB this ad

The domain name for the Worthless bunch has already been purchased even though the site hasn't been built yet. Someone is squatting on www.worthless.com so we went with www.worthlesscc.com . So far we've got members in Georgia, Tn, Nc, Sc, Kentucky, California, Iowa, Maryland and Canada. I'll be sure to let everyone know when the Worthless site is up and running!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
mr48chev

Been there done that and have the vest hanging in the closet.

Clubs are nice especially if you are new to the hobby but I would rather decide where I wanted to go and when I wanted to go there than cruise by someone else's schedule.

There are some things I really do like about being in a club that travels to rod trots together though and that is you have a support system if something happens or breaks down and there is the fun of being in a string of cars or trucks headed down the Highway together to a fun weekend.

The downside, Often someone takes it upon themselves to decide where you will eat every meal and expects the club to go to lunch/dinner together as a group. These same folks usually want to decide where you will make stops and when. Often someone decides which motel/hotel you are going to stay at and it may or may not be to your personal taste or budget.
Then we get to the organized parking at the rod trot and having to arrive in a group to insure that you can all park together.

What I would really like to see is a loose knit group that shows up at a favorite spot for coffee or breakfast at a given time but attendance isn't required nor is membership to attend.
Along with that a loose knit phone up group for those (lets go cruisin and see the ______________ we'll meet at_______ at _____ expect to drive X # of miles and bring a picnic lunch (or plan a lunch stop destination).

I'd bet that When the Bluebonnets are in bloom you could get up a group in Central TX any given weekend to take a lets cruise the back roads and check the Bluebonnets. And most of the significant others would be up for that. No rod trot, no lawn chairs, just a fun few hrs of easy cruising with some fun stops along the way.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
c10addict

[QUOTE=mr48chev;2762802]Been there done that and have the vest hanging in the closet.

Clubs are nice especially if you are new to the hobby but I would rather decide where I wanted to go and when I wanted to go there than cruise by someone else's schedule.

There are some things I really do like about being in a club that travels to rod trots together though and that is you have a support system if something happens or breaks down and there is the fun of being in a string of cars or trucks headed down the Highway together to a fun weekend.

What I would really like to see is a loose knit group that shows up at a favorite spot for coffee or breakfast at a given time but attendance isn't required nor is membership to attend.
Along with that a loose knit phone up group for those (lets go cruisin and see the ______________ we'll meet at_______ at _____ expect to drive X # of miles and bring a picnic lunch (or plan a lunch stop destination).

Honestly our club has a core group of guys (about 15 of us) who are there for each other no matter what... We only have 1 cruise per year that is pretty much manditory for all members to attend and thats the one that we host... Outside of that we drop e-mails saying where you might be going over the weekend and see if anybody wants to meet up and go.. We have a local friday night cruise that most of us meet up at weekly.. We meet once a month in the winter (normally 15 to 30 members show up) and tip some cold ones while bench racing and b.s.ing about what we are building.. We normally hit out of town shows with at least 10 members/cars and all agree on a hotel that suits us best.. We all hang out and drink and cook out in the parking lot while laughing it up all night long..
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...

Old 06-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

hey seeten do you have a different link........Im up as to being a member....and that link sent me knowhere......
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

See Ten's link is saved but not up yet.I happened to join the "Worthless" bunch a while back.It's probably the most laid back group I've ever met.The bylaws are so simple.
To promote the enjoyment of cool rides.
To not have to put up with a lot of bull.
No meetings(unless you happen to be at the same event)no dues, no mandatory cruises,no powerparking though they usually try to park fairly close to each other and the shade,just so they don't have to walk far to B.S.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #11
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
hey seeten do you have a different link........Im up as to being a member....and that link sent me knowhere......
Send him a PM.
He's very good about getting back.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Sure am... Would you believe I don't even know a lot of the members...

No web site that I know of. Maybe I'll have to start one.

LockDoc
Ditto

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
Old 06-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
see ten
WTB this ad

If you think you're Worthless......You probably already are! Hell you want in? You're in!! Easy enough? If you start acting like a know it all arse....You'll be downgraded to useless and be booted out!

Christy will probably be starting getting our worthless site built before we know it. Our plans are for it be a place where we can showcase our rides as well as post plans for upcoming events and activities. Here's the link to the first Worthless thread.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ight=worthless

Again! You don't have to buy a shirt or run a plate to call yourself Worthless. Our club is more about a lifestyle and an attitude than it is about having matching threads. If you've already got a club that you think has values that mesh well with ours and you need a name.....Feel free to call yourselves Worthless! I only ask that you refer to yourselves as a "Local Chapter" or something to that effect. It would make me feel worse than worthless if someone else tried to claim the name as being theirs originally. I spent a lot of time searching the name on Google and other search engines and found no mention of it being used as a club name prior to us picking it up. In the meantime.....Keep on, keepin on!

Last edited by see ten; 06-12-2008 at 06:08 PM.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
leddzepp

Did you take your name from the movie "The Hollywood Knights?" That is a GREAT movie!!!!!
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #15
HuggerCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
See Ten's link is saved but not up yet.I happened to join the "Worthless" bunch a while back.It's probably the most laid back group I've ever met.The bylaws are so simple.
To promote the enjoyment of cool rides.
To not have to put up with a lot of bull.
No meetings(unless you happen to be at the same event)no dues, no mandatory cruises,no powerparking though they usually try to park fairly close to each other and the shade,just so they don't have to walk far to B.S.
That sounds alot like us, lol. Can we be the La. chapter SeeTen?
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
DREAMS OF A 67
Step Brother

Talking Re: Any car club members out there?

Being worthless rocks
DREAMS OF A 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #17
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

peggy sue cruisers where peggy sue and American Graffitii was filmed
Attached Images

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #18
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

I've been wanting to start or join a club for years. Unfortunately, i'm the only buddy i know who's into old rides. I could start a club of 1 member. Call it Los Uno's car club. I need new friends. haha.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #19
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmonkeypunk View Post
I've been wanting to start or join a club for years. Unfortunately, i'm the only buddy i know who's into old rides. I could start a club of 1 member. Call it Los Uno's car club. I need new friends. haha.
Well, now, you can be WORTHLESS!!!
And be just like the rest of s!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #20
AceX
>130dB Moderator

I've been thinking of looking for a group of guys to team up with here in NorCal but I'm not sure who...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #21
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX View Post
I've been thinking of looking for a group of guys to team up with here in NorCal but I'm not sure who...
Same here, only in Illinois. I got one guy who's a ninja on old motors, but he isn't into old rides as a hobby. A couple buddies who like the old rides, but for some reason never get one, and that's about all i got. There's dudes i see cruising around constantly, but most of the ones i've talked to are jerks or just stuck up. Californee is the place to be. Rather than this Car Club of One.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 AM   #22
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX View Post
Holler at me, Dood.

My cousins and I joke all the time about almost having our own little club
He has a '68 1/2 T LWB fleet, his wife has a '71 3/4 T LWB fleet; I have a '69 1/2 T LWB stepper, and a 3/4 T LWB fleet.

We're WORTHLESS and we like to have fun when we can.

The only bad thing is, he's a young buck and has this family/personal responsibility thing going on so it's not uncommon for him to work 60-70 hours, or more per week.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #23
c10addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Did you take your name from the movie "The Hollywood Knights?" That is a GREAT movie!!!!!

Yep.... That was our inspiration!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #24
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
Yep.... That was our inspiration!
tony danza had a bad ass ride in that movie

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerCST View Post
A few of us here started our own La. truck club a while back. www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
And a few of us here from TN followed there lead and did the same

www.tennesseeclassictruckclub.com

Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote