The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
azfab

square bodys

wahats up guys,just boght an 86 wanna bagg it like my 68, but dont want to lay pinch weld(daily driver) i was wonderind what you guys think about the new bolt in notch from kp? and i need to tow is it out of the q? thanks for your input
azfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: square bodys

I wouldn't tow with a bolt in STEP notch. (c-notch, but not a step notch) But I wouldn't tow with a bagged "frame laying" truck either. Check out Nathan Porters dropmember for the rear of the 73-87 stuff. (I think he posted that he wouldn't tow either,...KP 6-link or his dropmember) I'm in the SLOW process of installing one on my '86. Here's the link to his build on a '84. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=274729

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfab View Post
wahats up guys,just boght an 86 wanna bagg it like my 68, but dont want to lay pinch weld(daily driver) i was wonderind what you guys think about the new bolt in notch from kp? and i need to tow is it out of the q? thanks for your input
I think it's a safe bet to say that any company who manufactures a bolt-in notch would not recommend towing due to liability.

As for the KP bolt-in notch, it is a very well built and designed piece. I have talked to Clint about it several times, and know that it is designed to lay frame on a 20" wheel.

What kind of ride height are you looking for? and what size wheels are you planning on running?

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
I think it's a safe bet to say that any company who manufactures a bolt-in notch would not recommend towing due to liability.
That being said I have towed with a WELD in notch in a 1-ton dually crew. Pull a 2 car trailer with any two out of a collection of vehicles. the heavies being a 55 chevy coupe pro-street w/ 540BBC and a '64 impala 'vert, the lights being a 87 nissan mini and a 96 Eclipse spyder. Towed it's sister dually but that was solo due to the weight of the truck and several thousand pounds of audio gear. I can't recommend anyone esle try but I have managed to get away with it for close to 10 years. Rear suspension is a canti 2 link with a watts for stability. Bags are just standard 'stones 224c. trick is loading the trailer so the tongue weight is just so.
Josh

'89 GMC Dually crew build page coming soon.
88 4x4 crew DD

duallys past/present pics here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...46#post4001246

89 1 ton Dually rear flip kit install here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=354327
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
azfab

low but not too low i like to run 2753020 about 27 to 28 intch talls. love your guys c10!!! want to do a dropmember just out of bugret at the moment. but the kps notch look strong if i decied to do it i would weld it in permant. i was going to put the bagts on or over the axle for load, we did a dully with a step nothch 1\4 plate and 3800s but its a dully a little more meteral to work with. i wanna drive low but sacrifice a work truck for a life style. i love my 68, i scare people when i drive 1 or 11\2 off the ground lol. should i give you guys a call if i need some rack mounts and some odd stuff frome you guys at porterbuilt? also i like the kit you guys put to gether for that 86, any news on availability? thanks guys
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
azfab

riddin low, i here that thats the trick on towing. is it true that if you have a trailer weight of say 5000lbs but the tounge weight is like 500lbs? the dullt we did was a goose neck and the bags were over the axle for load. the customer loved it, who wouldent? we used 3800hds 2link and a panhard bar. still towes his race car and trailer. i just would have to cut up this c10 and not tow, but when you slame these trucks they still set high!! sucks,
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
azfab

love your truck!! what you going to do with the ac? any under the hood shots?