The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Jcentsr6

Okay, Need some advise.

I have air ride tech cool ride bags/shocks installed. (all in stock location) Also have 2.5 drop spindles

QUESTION 1:
I am going to install a CCP c-notch. What else do I have to do when installing this?? (keep in mind I have a stock pan-bar? and I think I need to replace that to due to rear diff being off center when aired out) Do I need anything else.

QUESTION 2:
Also I have heard that a new pan-bar will not bolt up correctly with a c-notch....is this correct?

QUESTION 3:
If I replace the front control arms....Who do I b uy them from and why
(I have seen alot of diff ones...ccp has a 3" drop I think..and ART sells some also)

THANKS EVERYONE.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jcentsr6; 06-22-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Jcentsr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
texastrendz

Re: Okay, Need some advise.

i also have a lwb, i was wondering where did you mount your bag, did you have an issue with the carrier also?
texastrendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

1. yes get rid of that short pan hard bar, and put in one of them long ones, or just simply cut up yours and modify it to mount to a location that allows you to make it as horizontal and long at ride height as you can. and depending if you use bump stops or not, your pumpkin will go through the floor, so you may need to address that too.

2. false, i believe the notch i have in is a ccp also (i think) anyway your mount on the frame rail should be far away enough and you can still use it.

3. i am debating this too, but i am sticking with the original ones and see how they go,, if they don't work out so hot i will replace them later i figure..
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

if i remember correctly, the ECE panhard bar is bent to clear your pumpkin and includes all of the hardware needed to mount it. It will now mount to your trailing arm on the P side instead of the pumpkin.

and yeah, you'll probably need to notch your bed as the pumpkin will hit. mine caused my wood floor to bulge, so i ended up cutting out a square for it.

you may also need different shocks as you will have more travel than you did before.

also, keep an eye on your brake lines.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcentsr6 View Post
QUESTION 1:
I am going to install a CCP c-notch. What else do I have to do when installing this?? (keep in mind I have a stock pan-bar? and I think I need to replace that to due to rear diff being off center when aired out) Do I need anything else.
Definitely get the panhard and shock relocators if you don't already have them.
Quote:
QUESTION 2:
Also I have heard that a new pan-bar will not bolt up correctly with a c-notch....is this correct?
The CPP bar is designed to work with their notches. The ECE causes interference problems. If you use a set of 2" blocks(which I highly recommend) the ECE bar will work fine.
Quote:
QUESTION 3:
If I replace the front control arms....Who do I b uy them from and why
(I have seen alot of diff ones...ccp has a 3" drop I think..and ART sells some also)
ART if you want the best. CPP was having problems with their uppers not accepting ball joints- I don't know if the problem has been fixed. Those are the only two choices for bag-ready control arms; all the other companies are coil spring setup. Don't run the drop arm with a drop spindle unless you wanna drag them on everything.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
Jcentsr6

[QUOTE=texastrendz;2777108]i also have a lwb, i was wondering where did you mount your bag, did you have an issue with the carrier also?[/QU

Stock location (on the trailing arms) and my carrier for the drive shaft fell/came loose...I rewelded it.