The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
blackedoutharley
Account Suspended

Pics of the rust bucket

I actually gave the old girl a bath today and took some photos. I have owned this '65 for nearly 20 years and it will be starting its 4th (maybe its the 5th??)incarnation soon.
Currently has a 385 inch small block with the original SM420 trans. Stock 12 bolt with 3.42 gears and an Auburn posi with Moser axles. In the time I have owned it there have been 3 small blocks including the current one, a big block (undrivable!), 3 rearends with two of them being rebuilt after one stupid move or another (LOL). 3 sets of wheels, countless tires (thank god I am in the biz ), and god knows how much primer. At one time it had 4 corner comet flash strobes in it and a self contained 200 gallon fire skid in the bed. (when used as a raceway fire/rescue truck) Recently installed a complete Painless Harness. Current plans are to replace front fenders, grill support and radiator support, clean and paint engine compartment, re-ring and bearing with new cam/lifters & heads, oil pump, etc. Basically a rebuild without new pistons. Tilt wheel & P/S, pwr brakes, rebuild front end and go through the brakes. New clutch linkage with new clutch (anybody want to buy a very trick, one off multidisc clutch set up? slightly used btw LOL), complete bed wood including new strips (unless somebody has a better idea, I am open to suggestions) repair the rust in the lower doors and drivers floorboard (minor) and complete paint interior and exterior. Very curious about A/C for this truck (deluxe heating controls removed currently from dash) as well as what to paint the inside of my new fenders with (if anything at all).

On to the pictures:

Sway bars are cool!

I always welcome ideas or suggestions so let them fly!

Last edited by blackedoutharley; 06-30-2008 at 04:30 AM.
blackedoutharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
64Magoo

Re: Pics of the rust bucket

Looks like a Chevy Eleanor with those lights on it! Are you gonna hide those behind a grille?
64Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
blackedoutharley
Account Suspended

I would like to but I don't think they will fit and still work with the grill blocking them..

I will probably not need them as this is not a daily driver anymore and the extra lighting will not be needed once I install the halogen headlights.

They will probably become back up lights in all probability (because I hate tailgaters )
blackedoutharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedoutharley View Post
I would like to but I don't think they will fit and still work with the grill blocking them..

I will probably not need them as this is not a daily driver anymore and the extra lighting will not be needed once I install the halogen headlights.

They will probably become back up lights in all probability (because I hate tailgaters )
ya wish i had some of those sometimes!
Cool truck, keep us posted up with pics

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
hewlett2002000

good looking truck!! i like it, looks clean. i kinda like the lights with no grill, kinda makes it stand out. good luck.
John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote