The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

anyone seen a chopped blazer?

this weekend at the GG show in des moines i ran into a guy with a 72 with a ton of mods done to it. anyways, after talking to him for a bit, he showed me his picture book with his next project that he's building for his wife (at least that's what she thinks ). in the book are pics of a 67-72 blazer that he has chopped 7.5" out of!!

the first pic was of him making the first cut, then the next pic is of the top in 12 different pieces. the pics continued and the result was a really sweet looking blazer. based on the pics, the top looked awesome.

it was kinda funny that we ran into him. the day before, after seeing a 69 with a drastic chop, my uncle and i were saying how it would be cool to see a blazer with a chop like that and bagged. that way when you pulled the roof off, you'd have a roadster truck.

i'll say it before anyone else:

i gave charlie the URL to the site. hopefully he makes his way over here and scans in some pics of the blazer, and his suicide door truck.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: anyone seen a chopped blazer?

I`ve never seen a chopped 69-72 Blazer top,I don`t think.Just a windshield frame.Blazer are actually Phaetons as far as a body description for convertibles go.What makes a roadster is a drop top two seater.Like a coupe with no top.And,a Blazer is a sedan with no top.I`ve seen guys make roadsters out of them by making a deck over the area behind the front seats.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote