The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #1
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

Bellhousing Question...

I am going to put a Saginaw 4 speed (yeah I know) in my truck when it (if) goes back together. I have a cast bellhousing, my question is do I have to use it or can I get an aluminum one? I have the auto x-member so I won't be using the 4 speed mounts on the cast bell. Some of you guys that have done this should know.

If I don't need the cast one, I will have a very, very nice cast bellhousing for sale. It's been blasted and painted with cast grey high temp paint.

Thanks

Jason
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 10:45 PM   #2
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

you can use your existing housing and crossmember talk to racedvl he know details on the swap he put a muncie 4 gear on his 69 keepign original housing and member
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:58 AM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I always liked the heavy fork on the truck bell, & would rather use it than the car bell/fork. if I do another one, it will have a lakewood & block saver.....i like to wind em up! For a little info on the truck bells, if you have a 67 or older bell, the center hole is the same as the car & will fit saginaw, muncie (M20,21, 22), or borg warner t10. The 68 up truck bell has a larger centerhole, & to pilot your saginaw 4 spd properly, just use the front bearing rettainer/ throwout collar from the truck saginaw 3spd. the lenght of the 4 spd trans & spline will be the same as the 3 spd sag, & the auto crossmember will work fine. The bottom 2 holes (trans to bell) will be a bolt & nut deal, as the trans isnt threaded like the truck trans was(no biggie). good luck......
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote