The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
OhNoJoe

Vortec Inline 6

I posteed this before but it got burried pretty quick

Vortec 4200 In-line 6, 4.2 And 4l60 transmission, transfer case wiring harness, CPM and all accessories (PS, A/C, Starter ect ect ) from a late model year 2002 Trailblazer.

I bought this engine and trans to drop into my 72 Burb and has been kept in my garage at home. However, I just don’t have the time or funds. The swap with the computter is a little more than I can handle.

The set-up has almost 50K miles clocked on it. It ran fine when pulled. However, it is being sold as is, where is.

The Trailblazer was struck on the right front but did not get into the engine. There is one ignition module and some other module was broken when it got hoisted in the pick-up which can be seen in the pictures.

I paid $250 for this set up on a no reserve auction, I drove a day to get it, spent $100 dollars in fuel and got my wife really mad at me.
I can put it on a pallet and take to a terminal for a fee. However, all shipping costs and arrangement are up to the buyer. I can also load it on your pick-up for free or delivery it myself anywhere a few hours from Springfield Illinois for the cost. You must have a way to unload it

The trans or the transfer case is going for more than I am asking, $300. I am also interested in a trade on a freshly or low mile rebuilt 292 long block that is year (72) appropriate.

My email address is OhNoJoe@comcast.net I will answer any questions.

This is a good deal for the right buyer.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ec%204%20sale/

Last edited by OhNoJoe; 07-14-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: fix link
OhNoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
finch

Re: Vortec Inline 6

these are some mean-ass engines. very good bottom end torque as well. go to a junk yard, this is like 25% of what they're asking!

'70 C/10 Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=298553

'71 K/20 Frame-off resto, SOLD!!!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=2399&cat=12
'05 Silverado Z-71, CC SB, Daily Driver
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
mahanian
C10 addict

Interested...

Is the 4l60 the same for 2wd and 4wd or is the transfer case married to the tranny?
How did you plan to use the throttle by wire accelerator? This seems like a potentially big deal
Does the oil pan have the pass-thru hole for the half shaft?
Did you get as far as making a list of obstacles that needed to be addressed to install this engine in your burb? i.e. motor mounts, exhaust clearance, wiring, radiator connection, etc...

Thanks

Last edited by mahanian; 07-14-2008 at 08:57 PM.
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Wow I wish I had the money right now, I have been wanting one of these

Killer
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
mahanian
C10 addict

I got a chance to look at the pictures, looks like the transfer case is married to the tranny. Do you have the gas pedal assembly?

I'm interested but I think shipping would probably kill the deal. Any idea how much it would weigh on a pallet?

Last edited by mahanian; 07-16-2008 at 08:00 PM.
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
OhNoJoe

Is the 4l60 the same for 2wd and 4wd or is the transfer case married to the tranny?
How did you plan to use the throttle by wire accelerator? This seems like a potentially big deal
Does the oil pan have the pass-thru hole for the half shaft?
Did you get as far as making a list of obstacles that needed to be addressed to install this engine in your burb? i.e. motor mounts, exhaust clearance, wiring, radiator connection, etc...

THe tranny is married to the transfer case but I was told you can swap out the tail peice of a 2wd trany.

The oil pan has the pass through but there is a guy who has specs on a new oil pan and pick. He is inliners web page. I got pictures of motor mounts.
Spear Tech will do the harness and the pcm. I have seen guys use the pedal from the donnor for drive by wire in an ls application. Extrenal mounted fuel pump was also used with a modern fuel cell. I didn't think about exhaust but the motor is pretty skinny so I don't think that is a problem

I'm guessing that it weighs about 800 lbs together.
I really wanted to do this swap but I haven't had my truck on the road for two summers now (I have been building houses for Habatit for Hummanity at nights and weekends) and it is beyond my kjnowledge base. I'm worried that I would be able to stuff my 292 back in the truck with out constantly asking you all questions. I got the motor by dumb luck I'm just trying to pass it on.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
OhNoJoe

Smile Re: Vortec Inline 6

Spray Bomb my neice is wanting to move up here from fort worth maybe you could trailed her and her car up for the motor....... she's cute young and has two infants... sound like a fair deal to me.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
OhNoJoe

SOLD