The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
hotrodsbyray

Unhappy HELP - i need 57 door info

put new hinge pockets, running boards and outer cab corners on my 57. fit great - measurements good.
the lower rear corner where cab corner meets running board was shaped funny and had a good 10 pounds of bondo to "smooth" and "customize" it.
the door on the driver side had been modified to fit over the rocker, not tuck down close like factory.
my PROBLEM - when i put the door on to check fit, the modified lower door fits over the rocker and wont fit against the rear edge now that the body iis back stock!
Can somebody pretty please measure a stock door to give me some idea how screwed up the door i have is?
i need a measurement at about the middle of the window. simply hook a steel tape at the lower edge, loosely fit it to the body and up to the top edge of the door. or whatever landmark works.
i also need to know how long the door is from front edge to back edge along the bottom so i can figure out how off my door is.

dont even ask about the passenger side! it looks like it was wrecked at some point in the past, and put together with bondo and globs and globs of stick weld. the cab corner is no where near fitting yet
hotrodsbyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Re: HELP - i need 57 door info

My truck is in pieces so a good landmark is not available for the window measurment unless you can desribe what you're looking for better. But, the lower measurment on the door from front to rear is an even 38".

It is not dented nor has it been bondo'd.

Kenny

Last edited by 87Lowrider; 07-19-2008 at 10:55 PM.
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote