The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Ford Assassin

Question Late Model Power Steering Hose Help....

Hey guys, I swapping in a 2004 5.3 LSx engine in my '69 C10 with factory power steering. I have the late model power steering pump and high-side hose. What do I need to adapt this hose to my factory power steering box high-side port?

Thanks!!

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Re: Late Model Power Steering Hose Help....

Take both hoses to a NAPA store or a hydrolic hose store that makes them they should have no trouble making you the hose.

You will need the hose end that fits your steering sector and the end that fits the newer pump.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Are you talking about using a metric/o-ring pressure line on a flare box? if that is the case, you can just pop out the brass flare fitting in the pressure box. Use a punch that will fit into the hole in the fitting. The threads are close enough to work just fine. Found out about this trick from JR Motorsports in Ankeny, IA.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70C10Toejam View Post
Are you talking about using a metric/o-ring pressure line on a flare box? if that is the case, you can just pop out the brass flare fitting in the pressure box. Use a punch that will fit into the hole in the fitting. The threads are close enough to work just fine. Found out about this trick from JR Motorsports in Ankeny, IA.
Do you have any pictures or part numbers?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Don't have any pics, not sure where my old junk car PS box is, cause I popped the fittings out to try it. There are no new parts involved.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

Last edited by 70C10Toejam; 08-10-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: link became irrelevent
Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Found the PS box, so I did this little change...with pics.
1st pic is the box unchanged.
2nd pic is with the brass fitting removed and a metric/o-ring pressure line ready to go in.
3rd pic is that line screwed into place.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Ford Assassin

I ended up just having a new hose made since the late model factory hose was way too long. A local shop took care of it in a few minutes for $20. They even installed swivels on both hose ends and attached the hard lines to the swivels.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote