The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
Ford Assassin

Question I bought 7" Rear Air Bags, Did I Buy the Right Ones?

I thought I remember reading that is what everyone runs on the rear of their trucks. If not, let me know ASAP.

I am running 3" drop springs up front. The reason I wanted bags for the rear only is because I plan on towing in the future and wanna keep the ass from sitting too low.

Thanks guys!!

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
dragginass

Re: I bought 7" Rear Air Bags, Did I Buy the Right Ones?

7"s bags will work just fine. I always use Slam Specialties bags. But there are a few other brands that arent too bad.

7"s is a good all around size. Any smaller then you will need more pressure for the same amount of lift and less overall ride quality with any weight onboard. Any Larger then you have clearance issues to worry about. Although the 8" bags are a smoother ride and will lift at a lower PSI conserving your amount of air that is in your tank. I typically run 7"s in the front and 8"s in the rear. But that is on custom applications as well.
dragginass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
Ford Assassin

Question Re: I bought 7" Rear Air Bags, Did I Buy the Right Ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginass View Post
7"s bags will work just fine. I always use Slam Specialties bags. But there are a few other brands that arent too bad.

7"s is a good all around size. Any smaller then you will need more pressure for the same amount of lift and less overall ride quality with any weight onboard. Any Larger then you have clearance issues to worry about. Although the 8" bags are a smoother ride and will lift at a lower PSI conserving your amount of air that is in your tank. I typically run 7"s in the front and 8"s in the rear. But that is on custom applications as well.

That's what I bought, Slam Specialties RE series from *****************. When it asked me (online order) what size I put 7. I assume that means RE-7's, correct?

Thanks!!

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc

Last edited by Ford Assassin; 08-13-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
dragginass

Yes it does. But I'mma give you a little secret. If you need parts....

www.pleasesusbcribe.com

My shop is sponsored by them and they out perform SD by 10x in my opinion. Much faster response and delivery. If you call ask for Doug and tell him Woody from Honest Abe's refered you.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
Ford Assassin

Wink Re: I bought 7" Rear Air Bags, Did I Buy the Right Ones?

Quote:
Yes it does. But I'mma give you a little secret. If you need parts....

www....com

My shop is sponsored by them and they out perform SD by 10x in my opinion. Much faster response and delivery. If you call ask for Doug and tell him Woody from Honest Abe's refered you.
Thanks for the tip, but so far Suicide Doors have been great. They shipped my bags the for only $8.00. If something changes in the future, I'll give your guy a shot.

I'll be honest with you about your buddies site, I don't like how their shop address (or even the state) isn't listed or how most of the links (shipping, conditions, about us, etc) just redirect to a 'customer ride of the month' page.

Last edited by Ford Assassin; 08-13-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
dragginass

Yea he does most of his business over the phone. If sells to private sellers but mostly to shops and builders.

I go through him cuz I get things 10x faster then SD. And speed is a huge thing when you got a truck sitting in the shop waiting on parts.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
Shane
Account Suspended

May be a good idea to pay your membership or vendor dues before you advertise

Last edited by Shane; 08-13-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
May be a good idea to pay your membership or vendor dues before you advertise
Personally, I don't see him advertising anything at this point. Just posting a vendor link. Unless you mean if he decides to advertise his personal business later on....

I'm not sure what he means by "My shop is sponsored by them", but that would be the only question in my mind...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
dragginass

Oh umm yea I'm not trying to advertise or anything. Just supplying a little useful info.

As far as the sponsorship, I meant we deal with FMK directly. All of our Air Management, fittings, and a few other things we must order come from them directly over anyone else. They scratch our back we scratch theirs.

Last edited by dragginass; 08-13-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
Shane
Account Suspended

That "vendor" is not a paying member. Not fair to our paying vendors to have this guy post a link to someone that sells some of the same stuff paying vendor sells.

He's new, so we can cut him some slack ... but he does need to go back and review the rules that he agreed to when he signed up.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
dragginass

Like I said I apologize and it wont happen again. There are much more rules on this forum then other ones that I am on and I am still trying to get used to them.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
jorgensensc

Quote:
That "vendor" is not a paying member. Not fair to our paying vendors to have this guy post a link to someone that sells some of the same stuff paying vendor sells.

He's new, so we can cut him some slack ... but he does need to go back and review the rules that he agreed to when he signed up.
Shane,
You know I love ya man, but I can't necessarily agree. I understand the suspiciousness of the link with concern to sponsoring shops, etc. But a lot of members post links to sites that are not paying vendors to this site. Are we creating a site that can only refer other members to paying vendors? With that said I do agree with the concerns that ford assassin stated about the other guys websites missing info (adress, etc).
I do personally like sd myself, but this is just a fairness observation about the removal of the link, I see it, and you know how valuable my opinion is.....<.01 !
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #13
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:

With all due respect, this post is so far off base it isn't even funny... I would venture to say that there are hundreds of posts that include links to various vendors that aren't paying members. We don't need to "cut him some slack" because he hasn't broken any rules or done anything wrong, written or un-written.

Dragginass, you don't owe anyone an apology as far as I'm concerned, and that's my 2¢ worth...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-15-2008 at 02:44 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
dragginass

Umm thanks I guess. Can we just kill this thread already. Cuz I'm over all of it. It wasnt really an issue. I am new to this forum so I dont want people thinking I am going to come in shooting my mouth off like I know everything. If I did I wouldnt be on here. I'll just make sure to keep my comments or posts as generic as possable to make sure no one gets bent outta shape.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #15
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Ummmm... that link doesn't work for me, wth?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky71 View Post
Ummmm... that link doesn't work for me, wth?
It was changed by moderators?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-16-2008 at 08:24 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #17
tshaw72low

Question! Is the mods gonna clip all non paying vender links?

Tshaw
tshaw72low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #18
joe231

that is crazy...
so what is being said is if it isn't a vendor we can't post links to their stuff???
i would like to see where that is stated in the rules..........
is s/d a vendor on here? what about jegs or summit racing, heck even ebay stores sell the same stuff some of our vendors sell? i post and have seen links for all of those on here and have never seen any get edited by mods...
am I off base here??

Last edited by joe231; 08-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #19
dragginass

I think its because its a company that goes against the general consensus. Most people are die hard SD lovers. And thats fine. But... I dont see what is wrong with there being know of another company that offers similar parts as SD does. Neither company are vendors on here (that I know of) and neither have employees on here constantly advertising or posting new things. But SD is constantly stated on here in numerous threads and repeated as being used to order parts.... Soo i dont see what the difference is. I mean do these company need to get onto this forum and pay vendor fees just so that people will know about them. All it is, is sharing information that one company offers similar parts and services that another does....
Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #20
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231
....so what is being said is if it isn't a vendor we can't post links to their stuff???
i would like to see where that is stated in the rules..........
is s/d a vendor on here? what about jegs or summit racing, heck even ebay stores sell the same stuff some of our vendors sell? i post and have seen links for all of those on here and have never seen any get edited by mods...
am I off base here??
Actually, it's possibly more than just a link if you'll indulge me . . ....
Quote:
.... My shop is sponsored by them and they out perform SD by 10x in my opinion. Much faster response and delivery. If you call ask for Doug and tell him Woody from Honest Abe's refered you.
If I were guessing, it would be because the words 'sponsor' w/direct contact info provided would be the issue, not necessarily the link itself.

As stated, internet links have been provided before on this site, but they were general links vs. this one that was definitely more specific. Almost like vendor contact info (intended or not).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-16-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #21
dragginass

I can see how it could be taken that way. And you would be correct. But I only say that because it is a much faster and direct way to get things taken care of. Most people dont call if they are just the average joe ordering parts. They just place an order online. But if you call and say hey so and so sent me over then it lets them know to make sure things are taken care of properly and in a timely manner. When online orders could get mistaken or not be up to date on the website as far as stocking or not is concerned. All and all I have said this before. Its done and over with. Can someone please just kill this thread and we will go on about our other discussions. I can see this dragging out and turning into an issue. It has already started to and it shouldnt have. Lets just let it go and move on. I am not here to cause any issues or stir the pot.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #22
SCOTI

Quote:
I am not here to cause any issues or stir the pot.
I'm pretty sure nobody feels that you are. You can delete your posts but as far as I know only the original 'poster' can delete the thread.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-16-2008, 02:43 AM   #23
Ford Assassin

Jeez guys, I never meant to start a revolution over this.

Can we just go back to the hobby we all share and are here to enjoy?

Thanks!!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #24
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

bold print perposely OH WOULD I LIKE TO VENT HERE.. STAND BACK A STEP OR TWO AND LOOK AT WHAT THIS SIGHT IS TURNING INTO. THE RULES HERE ARE BROKE ON A HOURLY BASIS. IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FROM VENDERRS ON THIS SIGHT. IVE REPORTED IT AND WAS TOLD I NEED TO SUCK IT UP!!! SO I WILL NOT EVER PAY A MEMBERSHIP HERE AGAIN. TO TOP IT OFF, I HAVE BEEN TO TWO TRUCK NATIONALS AND WAS POINTED OUT WHO RUNS THIS SIGHT, NOT ONCE DID THAT PERSON (will not mention name) EVEN MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF OR MY WIFE. knowing they knew who we were. there are alot of people here 99.9% are honest and down to earth. the other percentage well thats just life. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE AND WHAT IS DONE WITH THE MEMBERSHIP DUES? never have I ever seen anyone off this board win a t-shirt or magazine subscription or even a coupon to a so called supported VENDOR SIGHT. YES i like this forum been here foir awhile, dont post much but I come here an a daily basis, BUT THIS MODERATOR STUFF IS OUT OF HAND. THIS THREAD HAD NOTHING WRONG WITH IT AND BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD TO MUCH SU N TODAY AND GOT OVER HEATED THE POINT WAS BLOWN OUT OF PERPORTION. I follow 3 other forums just like this one, YOU MODERATORS NEED TO RELAX. maybe consider looking at starting a message board just for Craig's list stuff and e-bay stuff because the message board is really getting bumb to read in my opinion anymore. its cool to read about new members and daily posts about someones advancement working on thier projects and helpful and informative issues. BUT REALY CALM DOWN. TAKE A BREATH (from an old man of 48) life is short lets enjoy what this sight has, BUT CHILL OUT

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
hotrodhomi

Quote:

I guess we are going need to ask Napa and autozone to pay for a subscription every time someone says to go there too
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote