The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
VerticalSmile

Plug & Play air Management prewired Systems?

I've found two and I'm looking for other options if they are out there.
I love the idea of these "all in one" systems.

The first I found is the Airpod by ART for a $2,095.00, the other is the (Gulp) System from Airbagit for around $895.00.....pretty big difference.

I really don't want to go through the hassle of piecing a system together and I'm trying to make life a little easy for my builder.
VerticalSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: Plug & Play air Management prewired Systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalSmile View Post
I've found two and I'm looking for other options if they are out there.
I love the idea of these "all in one" systems.

The first I found is the Airpod by ART for a $2,095.00, the other is the (Gulp) System from Airbagit for around $895.00.....pretty big difference.

I really don't want to go through the hassle of piecing a system together and I'm trying to make life a little easy for my builder.
I am pretty sure that "airbagit" is Chassis Tech/AIM/many other names. They don't have the best reputation for having quality products.

Some will say that ART has overinflated prices, but you can't go wrong with them. I have been installing nothing but ART systems for years and been extremely happy with the quality, and service.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
VerticalSmile

Thanks Porterbuilt.
I've also heard nasty reviews when it comes to AIM/Airbagit. After doing a search over the internet reviewing their products I was shocked to see all the negitive replies on multiple Forum boards.

I'm already going with ART's AirBar & CoolRide system for my truck but I was looking to save a little money for the air management system.
The Airpod puts my budget into overtime and I was hoping for another alternative.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Apparently Chassis Tech's owner is pretty aware of his problems, judging by the ads in last month's Truckin magazine. I think it was Truckin, anyway. Anybody else see those?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
VerticalSmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
Apparently Chassis Tech's owner is pretty aware of his problems, judging by the ads in last month's Truckin magazine. I think it was Truckin, anyway. Anybody else see those?

I did actually and must admit I kinda feel for the guy.
When searching over the internet I found a bunch of people from multiple boards complaining about this company and telling others to stay away, but I did not find one actual complaint from somebody that used any of their products.

But being the cautious type I decided to stick with ART.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

If you can afford the $$$, that's probably not a bad idea. I would have a hard time playing guinea pig with those guys, but I would make sure everyone here (and every other place I could find) knew about my experiences, good or bad.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
spr85gmc

it was sport truck he pretty much wrote a book about us company.. and no i never used is stuff thinkin about it.... naw just kiddin
spr85gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
scotts62
One day...

I saw it too, its kinda hard to get back what you have lost in the way they have due to quality and or reputation, i have nerver bought anything from them but know people who have and the stuff wasnt all that great. its better to go more expensive.. at least you know the quality

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Joe Morrow is an unethical piece of dirt. He has used scam tactics for years providing inferior quality products at cheap prices. He makes up for the cheap prices by charging outrageous shipping charges. They also are known for not shipping the right part and charge you a restocking fee along with more outrageous shipping charges to get the correct part.

Don't wast your time when the junk he sells fails trying to get a them to honor their warranty. They will never honor a warranty.

If he was such a reputable dealer as he claimed in his bogus ad, he wouldn't have to advertise under so many assumed names. Think about it before you buy from this piece of dirt.

And just so you know I "do" speak from experience. I learned from burn and will never do it again. I encourage you to consider the same before you waste your hard earned money.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 AM   #10
Grunion

If you need to save a little money just put together your own system. You do not have to use a plug and play system. In fact I think you might be happier with a system built from scratch. For example I tend to hide everything under the bed in places where it fits. Most of the time a plug and play system will not fit under a bed. I also like individual valves mounted close to each wheel. It is easier to get the air lines equal length and to trouble shoot a problem.
Grunion is offline   Reply With Quote