The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? 08/24

I spent the weekend doing yard work. After I got all the DD's cleaned up, I started working on the pool. I had an attack of black algae that needed a whoopin. After 100.00 worth of chemicals, my water looks awesome and the algae is gone. My wife wanted a bench from our patio painted, so a pressure washed it and cleaned the patio up.

Today me and my yard guys spent 7 hours in the sun working on the yard, sprinkler system and painting the bench. I rearranged furniture to clean things up a bit and re-potted several plants.

What did you get done?
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-24-2008 at 07:49 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!
Re: What did you get done? 08/24

Since it rained all day here in Nawlin's , i pulled the front and rear wheel well's out of the "new" truck. Since i had the tool's out i also pulled the rearend out and pulled it apart, so i can have it narrowed this week! Look's like i'll be spending a little $ with Moser tomorrow. Waiting on Dropmember for the back.Will post pic's soon.
crawdadfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Drove up to Richmond for the NSRA Nationals, great show, and lots of cars.

Picked up a set of 1936 Chevy truck style hubcaps for my newly acquired rally wheels. The wheels are 15 X 8, 4 and a ¼ BS all the way around. Swapped out my stock 41 Chevy taillight lenses with some LED replacements, looks much better, safer too. Also need to find an artist to paint my Rat Fink shift knob, yet another weekend find.
Attached Images

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Oops, forgot the lights............
Attached Images

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

crawdadfox you got me wanting to do a narrowed rear in my 77 now. Of course I suppose I should get it running first...

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 08-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well it was kinda a busy week for me..
I dont publicize alot of stuff that goes on but my dad has been in the hospital for several weeks with pneumonia and an infection then was transferred to rehab so he could learn to walk again. We feel he had a mini stroke but the doctors wont confirm or deny that but anyway he is coming home monday so we had alot of stuff to do to prepare for his arrival.. My parents had carpet that was installed in 1974, so we ripped that up and what was left of the padding. We then installed a floating wood floor in the living room and dining room on the first floor... The front room has been converted to a bedroom for my dad and the didng room was converted a while back for my mom as both are elderly and in poor health, In addition i had to have some other work done.. we shortened the bars for the air conditioner and fooled with the hatch so we can use the cellar access again... we also had a hose installed in the front so i dont have to hop the fence and use my aunts..
Thursday my truck was in an accident so i dropped it off in the body shop for $1400 worth of damages that were caused by a hit and run.. and on saturday night my wife ended up in the ER again with yet another infection in her urinary tract which is a big problem.. shes home for now but we have to find out what is causing this
Today we also put front struts in my sons acura which was a complete pain in the arse. Hopefully by tuesday things will slow down so i can get things back to normal
Hey ken could i come nap on your patio with a couple of nice frosty cold ones?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!

This will be the 5th one!! You know it's bad when you remember the stock axle length!!!..(31 5/16.) Nice yard be the way, mine has about 4" of water in it...but i didn't have to cut grass..LOL!!!!
crawdadfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
impalamark

well once tropical storm fay stopped doing the rain thing

I got back to work on my black short bed. I stripped a 88 suburban
of its power train and interior and have been transfering it all to the shortbed
I did the wiring harnesses today and what fun that was .
the two trucks were very different
power windows and locks in a non power cab
nontilt wheel to tilt wheel
bench to buckets burgundy to brown
you get the idea lots of fun
wiring, windows steering done and seats mocked up
was a good day
Mark
impalamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
SCOTI

I finished welding up the firewall on my 68. I got the heater patch in & welded & then my buddy Matt helped me get a bunch of smaller holes filled & ground smooth.

We hit it w/the DA & it's decent enough for some mud. I still have to get the 'cap' made that will seal the gap between the engine compartment firewall & the upper cab wall.

We cleaned up & then I got to do some pool cleaning. We've had some repairs done on the pool so it's mostly empty of water. What was left was a bunch of debris from the work they've been doing mixed in w/a little bit of swamp water. Ok..... when you're scooping out the water w/a 4-gal bucket, it was a lot of freakin swamp water. An hour or so later, I was able to start using my shop vac & got it all cleaned up. No more swamp water. No more contruction sand/dirt.

She's happy. I'm wore out . . ....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-24-2008 at 09:14 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #10
SCOTI

And for the record..... You AZ guys don't get all the heat:
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

^^Yea.... but is it a "DRY" heat?

Spent the last 3 days admiring all the pre '49 rods running around the area. This is "Frog Follies" weekend. Every year at this time, we get invaded by around 10,000 "frogs" in Southern Indiana / Western Kentucky.

Kenny

Last edited by 87Lowrider; 08-24-2008 at 09:18 PM.
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Kid #2 was born Thursday morning. Everyone's fine and healthy, but I sure could use some sleep.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #13
boatpuller

we just got back from 4 days and nites in vegas man,it took a toll on me being drunk about 12 hours a day.we saw cher at ceasers palace.she still looks good from a distance.i lost money, got sunburned,ate too much.but all in all i can't wait to do it again next year. nice patio ken that look's sharp...how come the 77 no turney turney?
Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
Kid #2 was born Thursday morning. Everyone's fine and healthy, but I sure could use some sleep.
congrats on good ole number 2......i feel your no sleep pain.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
texassquarebodies
Truck Nut

Spent some time with my daughter this weekend. First day of kindergarden tomorrow. Uncovered a 82' square that has been sitting in my shop doing nothing wayyyyyy to dam long. Hasn't seen the road in 10 years.!!!! Its on my lift now. I gotta get the ***** on the road. I have this truck since high school....1993. I need some motivation!!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
LMDGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
And for the record..... You AZ guys don't get all the heat:

D@mn!.. it was only like 110 here

2013 Silverado

1964 Cadillac
LMDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #17
method2mymadnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I started working on the pool. I had an attack of black algae that needed a whoopin. After 100.00 worth of chemicals, my water looks awesome and the algae is gone.
You ever heard of a flowtron? We use one in our pool and only have to use a little chlorine.
Yardwork only here, I am in a 2 yr drought from working on my truck.

87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
method2mymadnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #18
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

this weekend i worked on my 79 like i always do, and when i first got it, the previous owner opened the passenger side door into a poll, and bent the whole door, including the body line. so i spent most of my day with a 3lb sledge hammer trying to straiten it out, after about 4 hours, its back to the factory body line. should be gettin the bed back sometime soon i hope so i can start to do the body work on it, then FINALLY paint it!
2006 Chevy Cobalt-college car, staying stock

Whatever can't get fixed with a hammer, a roll of duct tape, a clothes hanger, a tube of glue, and a case of beer, can wait until tomorrow.
jrsmith_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
vern350
like a rock

Went to drag strip for the first time ever..... was pretty nervous before my first run and at the end of strip, I had a huge smile. Had a great time, can't wait to go back again. Ran 15.2 something with a reaction time of .8 something? I can't remember, slips are in the garage some where.
vern350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #20
CNC

This weekend took my boy to the zoo for his first time, the wife out to a movie, on Sat. Today I put the headers and dis on my brother's '69 that is coming together nicely, Hit a snag on the driveshaft yoke tho. I beat on it for about 2 hours trying to get the U-joint out looks like i am going to have to cut it out. oh well another day in my shop. Hopefully I can get the AC fan and radiator in it over the next couple of days. I really wanted this truck to be running by now...

I'm not lost.....I'm exploreing!
CNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #21
Dinos63
chevy only

contrats also on the baby, got my old panel out been sitting about 8 months and cruz it a bit, finish my kids S10 last week lowering it and stuff,and he had a little mishap no one got hurt, so i had to move some stuff to get in the back to tear it down .man i just installed a new motor in it also
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #22
78 Big10 454
78 Big10 454

After years of neglect (and lack of time), I gave my '78 an oil change, lube, replaced all the cooling system hoses and flushed the radiator. Damn, it felt good!
78 Big10 454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #23
Bnugg
Account Suspended

Friday night i went to Bar and won brad paisley tickets.Saturday i slept till about 2:00pm.I went to the brad paisley show saturday night.It was awesome.I woke up Sunday about 2:00 pm.I walked outside to work on my truck but decided it was to hot out so i went to the bar to drink away my hangover.
Bnugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #24
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassquarebodies View Post
....Uncovered a 82' square that has been sitting in my shop doing nothing wayyyyyy to dam long. Hasn't seen the road in 10 years.!!!! Its on my lift now. I gotta get the ***** on the road. I have this truck since high school....1993. I need some motivation!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I finished welding up the firewall on my 68. I got the heater patch in & welded & then my buddy Matt helped me get a bunch of smaller holes filled & ground smooth.....
Nice progress Scoti and Tony. It's good to see you working on it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by method2mymadnes View Post
You ever heard of a flowtron? We use one in our pool and only have to use a little chlorine.
I'll have to check it out. I usually don't have much trouble, but I let this get away from me.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-25-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #25
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I have been running myself ragged working on my house and my mom's for several weeks. A friend is supposed to gut my master bathroom today for a total renovation, and I have been gathering all of the supplies for the past week (tub, fixtures, tile, grout, thinset, hardibacker, etc.)

I went to the HAMB Drags this weekend in Missouri. Had a great time. It was about 12 hours of driving each direction...

I took pics of a couple of 73-87 pickups while I was there. One was a shortbed crewcab that said it had a diesel. The other was a really clean looking crewcab dually with 80s looking graphics on it. It was the tow/push vehicle for an old front engine dragster. I'll try to post pics this week.

Slonaker