The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
murdoc

its all about the pics!!!

well i have been a trolling member here on the forums for about 8 months now and i figured its about time to post pics and info about my truck. i bought this c-10 in 07 for $750. this was my first 4-5-6 chevy and i figured i might as well buy a junker first just to see if i would like how they ride as much as i liked how they looked. i cant say enough about how pleased i was.

its a 1965 with the factory original 292 and powerglide tranny. i was lucky enough to find and buy an entire power steering setup (including bracket) from a 70 c-10, so its got power steering to boot

it was a long bed, which i cut down to a short frame and bolted on a shortbed that i bought that was being used as a trailer. all in all it has been a fantastic ride and a very fulfilling journey. i love learning everything i can about these year trucks and love imparting my knowledge in any way i can. hope you all enjoy the pics, i live for the pics yall post here.

also a shout out to all my idaho brothers here on the forum!! ive talked with and met a few of you. you guys rock!!!

murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
slepysal

Re: its all about the pics!!!

nice!! My only concern is the Moltav gas rag. JK Man looks good I like the bed conversion. Keep it up

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
murdoc

thanks man, its been tough trying to keep it my daily driver, cops seem to frown down on the old girl even though shes registered and insured. but as long as all my lights are working like they should, they dont give me too much grief
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
hAetWagon
Schlongbed MEMBER (heh)#15

I cacn't believe how great your dash looks..lol

"Old truck, all new headaches."
hAetWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
argonaut

Man, I was going to ask what springs you had in the back.... then I saw the triple-threat spring setup back there. Stock springs, helper springs and damper springs, oh my! What size tires are on the back?
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
murdoc

ya i have a better picture of the rear springs, i thought it was a pretty strange setup, stock for sure but id like to know the option description of it. as for the tires ill have to look and see but i know that the drivers rear has gotta be close to the original style. i wanted to get new ones that had the same appearance, but ive had trouble finding them. meaty looking things, anyone know what "style" those are called?