The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
100mph

Help finding resto parts!!

Hey everyone, just picked up a '69 C/10 SWB and need a little help finding good quality parts and vendors.

Its about 1/2 way there but needs odds and ends in parts - mirrors, emblems, heater control assembly, door handles, door locks, armrests, seatbelts... you get the idea.

I've checked out the vendors on this site but not many seem to have full online catalogs so for now I'm pricing around on the following sites:

LMC Truck
Classic parts of America
Brothers

But I'm finding quite a bit of price difference - for example the heater control assembly ranges from $89 to $129 for at least what appears in the catalogs to be the same (I think).

I'm thinking, how many companies could possibly be making 67 to 72 chevy heater control assemblies and that they probably are all the same but am I wrong???

And what about things like door handles, locks etc - is there a big difference in quality?

So I'm looking for advice from what is likely your many more years of experience in part hunting.... any assistance is more than welcome.

Thank you

Mike
100mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Keep on Trucking

Re: Help finding resto parts!!

Here, ebay, criaglist. In Houston we have Outback trucks. A co called Kennys Trucks. I bought a bunch from them at local swap meets , but I do not have contact info. Maybe someone else??

"Life is tough, its tougher if you are stupid" (John Wayne)

My buddys truck for sale here.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...p?product=2676
Keep on Trucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
fine69

On the main log in page there is a tab on the left, says VENDORS. Click on the link.
Will take you to dozens of parts vendors.
Personally i prefer Tim Christian.
http://www.christiansclassics.com/

There is a link to his site. There are other board members who are vendors also.

You will find all the info you need here.

Do yourself a favor and spend the $25 bucks to be a Site Supporter. It will pay you back in zero time.

That way you can post wanted and for sale adds to benefit not only you but us as well.

Mike

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

You are right about alot of the same parts are made by the same maufacturer that various companies will sell.May I ask which was the higher,generally?One of those companies you mentiones,also,get`s you on shipping by going by total value of orgder.If you get a small expensive part you get hit again with shipping overcharges.Many board vendors have a full line of parts.Big outfits like you mentioned may offer items they have had produced exclusively for them.But,usually these are innovations and not reproduced GM parts.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
70GMCer

The 2 I have bought the most from are http://www.truckandcarshop.com/truck...t60_cover.html & http://gmcpauls.com/.

Good parts at great prices. IMO

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Logic says there are only going to be "so many" manufacturers for stuff that fits our trucks. Vendors go to them and buy their parts and resell at a profit that best meets their expectations.

If you are just getting into these trucks, we're glad to have you. I see you have only posted your first post, so a big WELCOME! from the heart of Arkansas.

You may want to consider buying an Assembly Manual. I've seen them priced from $30-40. There are no written instructions, but the pictures are the asset. If you have lurked around your truck, you will be able to recognize the area in the book.

The site vendors are where you should start looking for your parts. LMC has a nicely illustrated catalog, similar to a Mitchell crash book, if you're familiar with those books. I have found that their sales people are merely a phone bank of folks who can use a computer. Get their catalog....buy from someone else....a site vendor.

But, welcome to the board and use the search function to research your areas of question.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
On the main log in page there is a tab on the left, says VENDORS. Click on the link.
Will take you to dozens of parts vendors.
Personally i prefer Tim Christian.
http://www.christiansclassics.com/

There is a link to his site. There are other board members who are vendors also.

You will find all the info you need here.

Do yourself a favor and spend the $25 bucks to be a Site Supporter. It will pay you back in zero time.

That way you can post wanted and for sale adds to benefit not only you but us as well.

Mike
Gotta agree with all of the above, but Tim is a great source of info. and he is close to you for shipping...

Check out the classifieds here as well, ya meet alot of board members, and great deals as well

Welcome to the boards from Philly, Pa....Where's the pics? lol

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 09-09-2008 at 11:36 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
100mph

Hey everyone thank you for the great advice.

I'll certainly look closer at the site sponsors - if they support a great site like this then they're worth supporting!

And to answer the question about which one of the 3 I found we're cheapest - classic parts was on average cheaper, LMC 2nd and Brothers 3rd but it did vary by the part.

I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to contributing to this forum where I can (I don't want to just 'take').

Thanks again!

Mike
100mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Welcome!! I will also suggest you talk to the BB vendors.They tend to do the BB members a bit better than other vendors will.Most will also cut you a deal if you buy from them in quantity.In other words if you are going to a swap meet and a vendor is there than they will usually give you a small break if you're buying $2,000.00 + worth of parts at a time.And by going to a swap meet you get to enjoy the show and save shipping.

You may also want to visit the reveiws section of the BB since many members have had good or bad experiences with vendors.Knowing up front what others have experienced is well worth the read IMHO.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 09-09-2008 at 02:20 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
highwaymiles

Try kennys trucks.com. I live about 7 miles from there and he has the best prices i have found and a bunch of old trucks,plus he is a real good guy !!
highwaymiles is offline   Reply With Quote