The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
gintaras

OEM paint method? How to tell if it is factory paint.

I was told that my truck was a "survivor", original paint, etc...

But upon further inspection, i am not quite so sure about this, but the more I look, I question it.

Color is Dk Olive/White 2-tone. The truck only has 68k miles and was always stored indoors, no perforation rust, just one small area of surface rust on the passenger rocker.

The lines between the white and green, they are OK, but there is some bleeding in spots, is this what a factory job looks like?

even after thinking it couldnt be factory, I look closely for some transition lines near the rockers, under the hood, etc, and I can't find any, so now I am second guessing, maybe it is factory paint...

any tell-tale signs? the paint is not faded because it was wet-sanded and buffed before I bought it. Are the lines always smooth with no ridge? or is there a bit of a small ridge between the white and the color? Did they use tape at the factory for the 2-tone? what does the tape line look like at the wheel well? is it horizontal? or does it kind of go up at an angle as it (the tape) wraps around the corner?
gintaras is offline   Reply With Quote