The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
69chevy1

shaving firewall qustions

quick question i got my sheet-metal/ body guy starting on customizing my cab i'm working on a 69 c-10 my question is i don't know weather to go with a a firewall kit from direct sheet metal which has five inch set back and would be nice since i'm running a big block, i could shave the original firewall and also another question is what are you guys doing for mounting the e brake assembly and also the accelerator pedal and also how are you guys running your wiring, i have to make some decisions quick my cab is almost back from being blasted if you guys could answer my questions i would appreciate also if you guys could post some pics i would appreciate
69chevy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
Ackattack

Re: shaving firewall qustions

There are a few things that are just going to almost have to come through the firewall.

I'm running the stock 69-72 ebrake setup. I have a small hole above where the stock wiring harness was for some of the wires, and another hole down lower kinda behind the cab frame for the rest. I also left the hole for the washer lines (maybe I should shave that....don't know)

I used some sheet metal pieces from ebay (the seller is also a member on here....infanity or something like that).

I'm using a drive by wire gas pedal....so I filled that hole too.

Last edited by Ackattack; 10-16-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
big_al_71

Everything was shaved on mine except for the wire harness hole,brake booster hole & steering column....EVERYTHING ELSE is gone...On my pict here you can see every hole that was filled, I did not put the emergency brake stuff as florida is flat and I dont need it or want it, speedometer cable is thru the floor. if you notice we also did the right side of the firewall curve to match the left side, our only mistake was not shaving the lip accross the top of it but it still looks terrific...We even shaved and filled the inside of the fenders just leaving the holes for the hood hinges..
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild

Last edited by big_al_71; 10-16-2008 at 06:55 AM.
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
big_al_71

Check this thread also

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=310612

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote