The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2002, 01:54 AM   #1
firstgencamaros

Rear end swap in phoenix

Looking to swap my 4.10 non posi coil spring rear end for a 3.08 posi or non-posi rear for 2wd coil spring truck. Mine is in a 68. It is 6 lug and would need a 6 lug in return or be able to swap axles. Looking to do a even swap from someone local (phoenix area). My rear is a good daily driven rear with no known problems and expect the same in return. E-mail me for info firstgencamaros@aol.com
Thanks,
Old 11-24-2002, 12:51 AM   #2
firstgencamaros

Any takers?
Old 11-24-2002, 05:01 AM   #3
hjalbert
cracker

im not swapping anything, but ill sell you a 373 for $125 and i will let you use my drive way and air compressor to do it
(its 5 lug) any way, figured id offer, its a good clean rear end, hell for an extra 50 bucks you can have the whole frame

Harry John Albert III
located in Phoenix, AZ
1972 GMC JIMMY,
1969 lwb Chevy Frame,
1999 bmw k1200 ltc
1992 Kawasaki concours
1991 bmw k75
1973 cortez motorhome
hjalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #4
Desert Rat

I take it you dont want the 3.08 posi you were going to come down Thursday and get,thats ok i had other intrest in it for the $200.Please atleast let people know when they dig something out,so they arent holding things and saying they are spoken for.Good luck on your project.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:03 PM   #5
firstgencamaros

Well, if you would respond to e-mails maybe i wouldn't think I had been blown off. The e-mail was for "last" thursday that you never responded to. I am still interested in the rear if you have it. you just need to stay in contact with people. I gave you my phone number every time I e-mailed you. All you had to do is call and we could of set up a time. If you still have it, I still want it fot the price we discussed. Let me know. You have my number.
Jason
Old 11-25-2002, 12:54 AM   #6
Desert Rat

Uhm did you smack your head?your last email that i responded to said youd be able to come out Thursday and would call me and 7:30 was a time-why should i call you,did you need a reminder?anyhow,so i cleared out the shed,my wife helped me load it into my truck and unload it into garage put so you could see it in the light,the whole time i had the phone waiting for the phone call,i pulled the cover had it on jackstands in the garage ready for your inspection about 8:30 my wife said i dont think hes gonna call,so i chalked it up as one more person as a no show(the reason i dont like to deal with people coming out to buy stuff)waste most of the time waiting for nobody to show or even a call to say sorry i cant make it woulda been better than nothing,soI wanted $250 but i think after spending a hour moving BB heads,manifolds and blocks to get it out of the shed $350 would be a good hassle tax.But i wont wait for a phone call just call when you get into town,if not its no biggie to me,i had several people willing to check it out for $250,nevermind all together ill just sell it elsewhere.Anyone else?for the others that inquired after him its available in the garage on stands ready for inspection.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:44 AM   #7
firstgencamaros

I think you hit your head. First, how would I call you. You never gave me your number or directios to your house. You must have me confused with someone else. Keep it. Everyone beware! This guys a flake!
Old 11-25-2002, 05:50 AM   #8
lovechevytrucks

Hey Desert Rat! You've got mail!
Old 11-25-2002, 01:09 PM   #9
Desert Rat

you have mail!