The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2002, 02:22 AM   #1
littlebubba

Any Members Around Lexington KY.- Need a Favor

I usually post over on the 73-87 board, but haven't had any luck locating any members around Lexington KY. area. I located a Blazer for sale on the web from a used car dealer there that I would really like to purchase, but before I drive 350 miles one way, I was wondering if somebody would give me thier opinion on it.
Like the condition of the body, tires, glass, paint, interior, etc. etc.
Before I send the guy my deposit to hold it for me. Just to double check that he's giving me a straight line on this thing.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #2
Truck Hippy

I don't live in KY but your probably better off to make the drive yourself to keep from getting burned. I hope it works out for yea!
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
Low69CST

If the truck was in lexington, i could go look at it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable making someone take that trip on my word. Beauty is in the eye of the holder...... or somethin like that.
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:12 PM   #4
cableguy0

low 69 i think what u mean is that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:13 AM   #5
littlebubba

Vehicle Inspection

LOW69CST: All I really wanted to know is if it looks like up close it is in good or better than that condition for the year and age, what the tires are like, interior condition, paint, any rust problems (more than average) that can be seen. If you said it was beat up or worn out, I would trust your opinion. You must know what a bad one looks like and what a good one is. If it looks like it has been somewhat taken care of. I just don't want to waste a trip and time if it is a bad one! I've seen some nice stuff come from that area, to up here, just for the fact that there is less snow and salt used down that way.

Seller makes it sound real attractive, but I've been there and done that before. He did advise me of a couple small mechanical flaws, my major concern is the body being solid and rustfree original. And that his description is fairly accurate.
I told the guy I'd get back to him on Monday to iron out the details. I can give you the info you would be willing to take a look see for me., its on a small independent used car lot from the sounds of it.
Checked your pics of your truck, obviously you would know a good one from a bad one.

Last edited by littlebubba; 11-24-2002 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:39 AM   #6
littlebubba

Anybody else?

Is there anyone else available that could help me out here on this thing?