The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

new '67 to '72 Chevy Pickup restoration video

Does anybody have this video? If so what do you think about it?
I got an email about it. It is - new '67 to '72 Chevy Pickup restoration video from The Car Nuts, Ron and Rich.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:39 PM   #2
WHYBYNU
WHYBYNU when old will do

I have not heard of the this video. Where can I get a copy?

THANKS,
JOHN
4/6 drop
20x8.5 / 20x10 Billet Specialties
WHYBYNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
Hooter
My other Love

COOL! I want too!

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:26 PM   #4
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

I wonder how they got my name and email address and did not contact any one else on this board.

Here the email address <rcbmc@bentonrea.com>
and the message they sent me:

Fellow '67-'72 Chevy Pickup Enthusiast;

Just a quick note to let you know about the new '67 to '72 Chevy Pickup restoration video from The Car Nuts, Ron and Rich. It focuses on pickup door restoration, and in a nutshell, here's what you'll see:

1. How to turn a junk door into a jewel, for about $20 in parts, with permanent, high-quality rust repair.

2. How to repair a factory door component good as new, for little or nothing, instead of spending your money on a reproduction part that may be inferior.

3. How to re-install all the door’s inner components in the correct order, with insider tips on avoiding damage to new paint and parts.

4. How to add quality sound deadening without messy spray cans, for a very small cost.

Ron and I took great pains to make this video useful to you, and engaging and entertaining enough that you wouldn't fall asleep while you watched it. We think working on old cars should be fun, and the results satisfying. We do our best to show you how to make it that way.

If you have any questions, or you'd like to get a video, please e-mail me at rcbmc@bentonrea.com. The cost is $25. Shipping (USPS media mail) is $1.50. (Now's a good time to start leaving the appropriate people some hints about Christmas presents.)

By the way, if you buy one of our tapes, or get one as a gift, and watch it and decide it wasn't worth the $25, I'll gladly take it back, and refund the cost and shipping, no questions asked. Of course, if you have favorable comments or suggestions, I'd also appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Richard Burger
Old 11-24-2002, 10:22 PM   #5
nu2-72

Wes at Classic Heartbeat handles some of their videos. I purchased the video, "Restoring doors to perfection. " In my honest opinion, it was a waste of $28.95.
The video is very unorginized. They seem to make more attempts to be funny than helpful.
The part showing the guy welding next to his bare thumb is funny, but I saw it coming. Wonder why he did not.
I think that they need less chatter and need more detail.
Just my opinion. I won't purchase any more.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:49 AM   #6
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

Thanks Nu, I did not know if they were any good or not.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:32 PM   #7
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

I purchased the video on the door repair and believe that it is quite good. I showed it to a group of car restoration guys, and they felt that it was very worthwhile.

It is informative, somewhat entertaining, and the part with the thumb, although a little silly does not detract from the overall quality of the presentation. The directions are easy to follow and they did not get carried away with high cost equipment.

We used some of their techniques on Saturday to replace a partial doorskin on a 56 Chevy door and we feel that their procedures will help us to improve the quality of our work.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I do cary that video and have watched it myself. nu2-72 is right about the attemps at slapstic comedy, but I feel even given that it is a little disorganized and the writers are definetely not good comedians it is still a usefull tool for the novice restorer. It does, afterall show good restoration techneaks and how to reassemble the door after it has been taken apart. Like I said it is definatly not a grand slam home run, but I feel it is both amusing and informative. I have contacted the makers as to my concerns about the video and they told me that they would work to improve the next video of the series.
nu2-72 sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the tape, I would be more than happy to take it back and refund your money. Although I wish that you would have expressed your concerns to me directly, so that I could have forwarded them to the video's makers. Feedback is the only way that we can get products that we all are happy with... (good or bad) WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:58 PM   #9
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Does it show you how to take the door apart? Like how to take off the doorskin and not ruin it? How about how to repair the little nuts the screws screw into? I'm interested in the video. Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 08:23 PM   #10
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

The place I feel it is most lacking is in the dissasembly process. It shows techneaks of how to remove the lower outer door skin and replace it with a new patch panel, using the end but welding techneak. However it doesn't show how to repair or replace the little nuts that the screws, screw into. Those just pop out with a screw driver and can be replaced with J-Clips. The video can be found in our Products section under, Books, Video & CD section of our website. WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:33 PM   #11
nu2-72

Wes and the rest. If I returned everything that I was not happy with, I would be very wealthy for sure. LOL. My problem was in the amount of detail given on several subjects. Most doors in this area will need a skin or more commonly, a repair for a speaker hole or interior lower panel. While I have the tools necessary, (welder, pullers, die grinders and cutoff tools) I need more info on the finishing of the repair. More specifically the interior. After the welding is done, what is done to the inside of the door ? Sandblasted, undercoated, or just forget about it and glue the styrofoam in ? I do not want moisture creeping in from inside the door, bubbleing the finish or causing more rust.
Also I will purchase new parts rather than spend time rebuilding latches and such. Good used ones are available cheap and time is money to me.
Door alignment would be helpful.
Yes the reassembly is helpful but I feel that they Did a Star Wars deal. Started at the end and worked backwards. I would have preffered a step by step disassembly with reassembly the reverse. I would hate to damage something on removel and if I learn the correct way to get it out, I can get it back in.
Just trying to give some positive feedback to make the next one better.
And for comedy, there is Sam and Dave.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide

Last edited by nu2-72; 11-26-2002 at 06:57 AM.
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote