The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
69Rob

houston junkyards

Any one know where in houston i can find a junkyard that has parts for our trucks?
54 bel air
69Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
texastrendz

Re: houston junkyards

you need to contact outback truck parts in spring. if you need he has got it. no need to buy stuff off of here for a primo dollar. the guy has got anything, i mean anything you need at a fair price. him and his son run it. they are both named robert. nice country people. i buy everything from them. outback trucks. formely lynns chevy parts.
texastrendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
NWD02

Depending on what you need, Mikes Bump and Grind Garage is in Webster (Clear Lake Area) and he is very good on pricing. I saw a 68 short bed 4x4 in a Pick and Pull in Pasadena. It had pretty much been molested though. I also a door, not sure the shape, it was in the bed of another truck.

What are you looking for?
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
jorgensensc

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrendz View Post
you need to contact outback truck parts in spring. if you need he has got it. no need to buy stuff off of here for a primo dollar. the guy has got anything, i mean anything you need at a fair price. him and his son run it. they are both named robert. nice country people. i buy everything from them. outback trucks. formely lynns chevy parts.
I caution you on using OUtback. I will give my honest opinion and go opposite of this review. I have been to his place several times and found him way overpriced and selling "excellent condition" used parts that were in fact not even decent driver parts. Most of the people that I have found that have dealt with him also have had major issues with his customer service and his pompous attitude. I would definitely NOT buy from him. JMHO.
However Mike at Mikes Bump and Grind is a great guy that I have done business with before. Great customer service and good technical knowledge.
As for junkyards, there really aren't many that have any parts. I run up and down Shepard every week at the junk yards and don't really find much. Most of what I find is in really bad shape to begin with, or that particular junkyard owner thinks he has some rare (heard it many times) truck. Sorry no help with the junkyards.
BTW, I'm not affiliated with any of the above mentioned places. Just my opinions.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
69Rob

thanx guys im willing to try about any at this moment i just need a few things and im up and running. im trying to find some cheap headers or manifolds either one for now and i need the backlight assembly. i found a place on airline that says he has a 69-70 truck and that it is in good shape but they all say that so im headed out there tommorow. would yall happen top have a number or address to mikes?
54 bel air
Old 10-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
greens69

I haven't had any problems with Roger at Outback bought a bunch of stuff there. He has alot of inventory, and the good thing about it is if you need it now you can go put your hands on it and get it then....There is a swap meet in Conroe this weekend at the fairgrounds.

///Relaxed Atmosphere

1969 Chevrolet C10
1972 Chevrolet 2WD Blazer
1987 GMC Sierra
greens69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
69Rob

any one got numbers or address to these places? ya im going to try and go to the conroe but depends if i got to work or not
54 bel air
Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
nightmare

like shawn said, outback truck parts is a bit overpriced for what they have. i've had to deal with them on several occasions for the harder to find parts, but they had them in stock. they are ok as far as personality though.

believe it or not, this place, camaro country: http://camarocountrymr.tripod.com/ has several 67-72 trucks, and a couple of 69 suburbans. i think that there were 8 or 9 the last time i was there. very fair price, and you can look at all the camaro's too.

2001 Dakota R/T - Silver CC - 1 of 1671 •360 w/46RE •392 limited slip
1972 Chevy Suburban - Turquoise/Black
1969 Chevy C/10 - Blue LWB •350 w/ 700R4 •3.73 posi •PS PB A/C - SOLD

Using your turn signal is not "giving information to the enemy"

67-72 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCMAX View Post
My lugnuts require more torque than your honda makes!
nightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
When I was in Spring two or three years ago I heard about Outback and was also warned about the high prices and attitude. There was no one there when I stopped by. Maybe it has changed hands since then.

Sounds like trendz might work for the guy or something but I don't know why he would badmouth the guys that sell on here.... "no need to buy stuff off of here for a primo dollar" I think most of the people that sell on the board are pretty fair....

Just my 2¢ worth...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 10-31-2008 at 10:48 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #10
Shane
Account Suspended

I agree Lock
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #11
nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
When I was in Spring two or three years ago I heard about Outback and was also warned about the high prices and attitude. There was no one there when I stopped by. Maybe it has changed hands since then.

Sounds like trendz might work for the guy or something but I don't know why he would badmouth the guys that sell on here.... "no need to buy stuff off of here for a primo dollar" I think most of the people that sell on the board are pretty fair....

Just my 2¢ worth...

LockDoc
They're closed on Sundays and Mondays, and it is still the same people that bought it from Lynn.

2001 Dakota R/T - Silver CC - 1 of 1671 •360 w/46RE •392 limited slip
1972 Chevy Suburban - Turquoise/Black
1969 Chevy C/10 - Blue LWB •350 w/ 700R4 •3.73 posi •PS PB A/C - SOLD

Using your turn signal is not "giving information to the enemy"

67-72 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCMAX View Post
My lugnuts require more torque than your honda makes!
nightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

There is also a guy at the swapmeets who restores these trucks and usually has a got bit of parts . Can't recall a name off hand . Camaro country has some stuff also . There was a free set of headers in the clasifieds or i have a set of vortec style that are in great shape for reasonable . Might also have the cargo light .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #13
69Rob

just got off the phone with camaro country and they have all i need at some decent prices im going ot head over there tomorrow. hotrod can you pm with the price for the vortec?
54 bel air
Old 10-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
texastrendz

na i dont work for outback truck parts, actually i have to drive about 45 min to get to him. what i am saying is the guy in houston is no freight equals saved money. reshipping a dented fender that ups fubared saves money. looking at the part in hand so you know that it is not stamped wrong bent been hit with a fork blade da da da da. get my point. it all saves money and time. the guy does not have an attitude, he is in business to sell parts, not give advice on how to install the part or what the part does. if you dont know get on this forum and ask questions, kinda like i do. thats why all of are great for sharing the knowledge to each other and all the great pictures. did not mean to offend anyone but ya gotta see where i am coming from.
texastrendz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
<snip> he is in business to sell parts, not give advice on how to install the part or what the part does.
Meaning no disrespect to you but now I know I don't want to buy parts from them.... Sounds like LMC's business model....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #16
JCA1972

I have bought parts at Outback trucks with no problems, but now I go to a local guy in Pasadena. Old chev Trucks. He has a lot of parts on stock and his prices aren't too bad either. He is opened Mon-Sat
281-487-9313.
3014 Dedman
Pasadena Tx 77503
2008 Honda Civic
2004 HD V-Rod
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=226458
JCA1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #17
Rafael505

Thumbs up Re: houston junkyards

Hey all hows it going I'm a newbe here nice to meet ya all,,everyone has some nice! trucks! I have a 67 Chevy c10, I don't have pics yet but soon as I get some I'll surely post it,, ok if anyone can help me I have a question wasn't sure were to post a question but anyhow" would a 68 or 69 front grill fit on my 67 front end and also are most parts compatible in the 67, 68 and 69's,,, thanks,, peace out

63 chevy c-10
67 chevy c-10
71 chevy Blazer 4x4
Rafael505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #18
Rafael505

Hey all hows it going I'm a newbe here nice to meet ya all,,everyone has some nice! trucks! I have a 67 Chevy c10, I don't have pics yet but soon as I get some I'll surely post it,, ok if anyone can help me I have a question wasn't sure were to post a question but anyhow" would a 68 or 69 front grill fit on my 67 front end and also are most parts compatible in the 67, 68 and 69's,,, thanks,, peace out

63 chevy c-10
67 chevy c-10
71 chevy Blazer 4x4
Old 11-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #19
NWD02

Rafael, the 67-68 will only work with the 67-68 front fenders and hood, the 69-72 are a different fit.
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
Rafael505

hey thanks for the info,, that helps a lot I have a 67 chevy step side short bed well theres something I would like to change on it like the front end and also the bed to a fleetside soon as I take pics i'll show them ,, thanks my friend

63 chevy c-10
67 chevy c-10
71 chevy Blazer 4x4
Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
70cst

Quote:
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct - Update 6/17/06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. Do not lead sellers on. If you have no intention of purchasing an item, do not lead a seller to believe you are.
II. Make initial contact with the seller in the thread. Failure to make initial contact for parts you are interested in via the thread will result in account restrictions.
III. Keep in contact with the seller. Ensure you contact them when payment has been sent. Failure to contact seller within 48 hours of posting you will purchase the item will forfeit purchasing rights.
IV. Ask the seller for details and pictures of the item you are purchasing, to help ensure a smooth transaction.
V. Keep a fair timeframe for sending payment. Two weeks is the standard. If the seller chooses to give less or
more time, it will be stated clearly in the ad. If you have not sent payment in that amount of time, the item will go to the
next inline, or be relisted.
VI. If you do not like the price of an item, look further. Comments on value, condition etc will not be tolerated.
VII. If you have a problem with a seller, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the
forums.
VIII. Please use the Review Forum for all comments after the transactions are completed.

Quote:
exastrendz...if you would read the rules above (VI)...you will find that we do not complain about prices. When one complain about prices w are also complaining about the sellers. I have dealt with this board in buying and selling parts and the prices were fair and as described. Thanks.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-01-2008 at 07:46 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
...the guy does not have an attitude, he is in business to sell parts, not give advice on how to install the part or what the part does.
That`s not having an attitude?

I`d like to explain to someone with that attitude that if you really want to sell parts you`ll be helpful and informative.

An educated buyer is your best customer in any specialty market.

Look at how much we help each other out and toss out info all over the place just because we like these trucks.It ain`t for money.That`s who I want to buy from,not someone just in it for the money.

I`ve never met the people and I am speaking on what I see here.My comments are general.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #23
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

special-K,I agree.If a vendor here had that attitude I doubt he could give away parts.Every vendor here has always been helpful and informative.I've even had them tell me the pro's and con's of something I did not buy from them.I would rather pay a fair price(even if it is a little higher) to buy from someone who is a fan of these trucks than to buy from a business.Most members feel the same way or LMC would be a Wall Street Icon.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #24
leddzepp

Quote:
the guy does not have an attitude, he is in business to sell parts, not give advice on how to install the part or what the part does. .
Thanks for the heads up....I will be sure and NOT buy parts from this cat.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
Conroe trucker
SWBs: 67 2x4, 67 4x4, 70 4x4

I have bought enough stuff to restore two trucks complete from Outback. Not affiliated in anyway, but here is my two cents, worth exactly that......

He stocks about $ 250-300k worth of parts, not counting used stuff.

Want to buy the little bracket to mount an A/C dash control in a non A/C truck?
He had one used for $ 20.00.
I did not even know it existed.

Now it was rusted, and I had to blast and paint it, but I did not have to drive to a junkyard, dig one out of a rusted snake infested hulk, and haggle till I bought it for $ 5.00.
What is your time worth?

When you are buying body parts, it is nice not to have to pay freight, or risk damage.
His pricing has been as good or better than anyones I have tried, and you do not pay frieght.

Yeah, he has a kind of dry attitude, but he is running a business, and it is amazing the crap people say while in his store.
Why ***** to a guy about his pricing being a dollar more for a $10.00 part, just buy it on Ebay or wherever, pay the freight, and save that $ 1.00 but spend $5.00 on shipping and handling.

Not too many things I need he has not had.

Just remember your at a family business, not Walmart.
He eats, sleeps, and bleeds it, so give him some respect.

As far as advise, some things he knows some he does not.
Believe me, you will find out more here on the forum than most ANY parts house knows.
I sent 90% of the stuff I got from CCP back because they did not listen or have a clue about 67s.

If he was not around, I shudder to think how much I would have spent on freight.
Heck, I don't want to think about it now.......
01 C5 convertable
08 Z06

Last edited by Conroe trucker; 11-02-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Conroe trucker is offline   Reply With Quote