The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Lightbulb Where we've been...

Just thought we might all take a second to look back on what we've done this year with our trucks, what we might do different next year, a highlight, and maybe even a goal for next year.

I finished the new stereo system for the truck. Twice. I showed for Arc Audio at both the Sacramento Autorama,Fresno Havoc and Modesto Graffiti show. Made alot of friends at those shows. Attended a few local shows, and finished out with one in Arbuckle, California where they honored my uncle Dennis who had just passed away.

This last year will probably be the most rewarding because I was showing my uncle's truck while he was still alive...

This next year I hope to be showing with Arc Audio again, maybe try and be more active this time. I'm also going to be hitting up a few more local shows and whichever ones my aunt takes the hot rods to.

For the truck, I want to get the engine bay taken care of. Fabricate some custom covers, add another battery, and just clean it up. Also want to add new headers and downpipes. There's also alot of little things I want to take care of on the exterior, and one or two on the interior as well.

I figure after this year the truck will be done and I can refocus my attention on another project.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
D-Day
Live fast, die young

Re: Where we've been...

If I set a goal for my truck next year, I'll jinx it and something else will go wrong. There's a lot I want to do, but I'll be at the mercy of time and funds. So...guess I'll just have to see how things pan out as time progresses.

What I definitely would like to do, and it needs to be done, is some body work and paint on my truck. Maybe a set of different wheels; I don't care if they're gloss black steelies. Those aluminum pieces of crap on there suck. Have you seen how ugly they are? Damn. They worked in a pinch for cheap, but I've always rather hated them. Real bear to get a socket on the lug nuts.
D-Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
Albatrossian
Georgia Boy

I just got mine in June and there is so much I need to do with it.. paint, bodywork, lowering, wheels, stereo.. the list goes on and on, you know how it is. I'd really like to do a frame-off but, I don't think I want to keep it off the road that long! I think like Ace is wanting to do, I'd like to fabricate some sheetmetal for the engine bay, maybe make my own cover to smooth the firewall off. Weld up all the unnecessary holes on the frame, box it up where I can.. so much to do to it! Maybe it'll be 'done' in a couple of years!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I sold or gave away everything I had car and truck related and bought a CTS-V. The warranty was up on my old car, and all of my truck stuff was at my rental property, so it was kind of a necessity. We will see what this year brings.....
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
D13

I bought an 82, and a complete 84 chassis, a bunch of spare parts, broke my 99, built a shed to put the lawn tools in so I can put the garden tools in the other shed and reclaim my shed for my parts, half done building another shed, tore out my rotting drywall in the basement, bought a lathe, etc. Next year I hope to finish my tractor projects and start in on trucks.
Plus a mess o' tractors
D13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

I had my '78 all fixed up into a reliable original daily driver, and got into a pretty good wreck back in July. I had the truck apart and in the body shop by September and had the damage repaired and painted the whole truck inside and out, and had it reassembled by early november. I still have only a couple of small things to do to it, but it's passable right now as finished
Maybe next year the engine will crap out so I can get that 260HP GM crate engine. It may not sound like much power, but it'll be a 95HP and a 75ft-lb. improvement over the stock engine (when it was new). When I do that I'll clean and paint everything under the hood while it's out. The engine will be GM Blue.

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 12-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
asphaltburner

Yo!
I had my '78 3/4 ton 4x4 P/U flatbedded to my house Jan 14, built it component by component from scratch using a '73 flatbed donor, custom designed and built some of the systems, and it's almost completely finished right now ("78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK" thread)!
A tremendous number of forum members encouraged me and admired my build throughout the process, and I hope that the information I presented on the forum will help many others in the future. It was a tremendous amount of work (especially for an old mechanic like me! Ha, ha!), but worth every painful moment and dollar I spent!!
Now I have a FRANKENTRUCK,...quite unique,...and a fantastic truck at that. It will terrorize the roads of northern Colorado for many years to come!
Todd.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
moneyeater

This was a good year!
After 15 years of wrenching and rebuilding my truck is (back) on the streets-legal and registered!
My goal for the next year is to finish the interior and put in a stereosystem with a custom console and visit some shows around!
Other than that i´m currently building a house and try to build a shop aswell so there´s more then enough work besides my job!
Volker

´81 GMC C 10, Spanish Red
moneyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square

this year I have done mostly cosmetic things to my truck, lowered it and new wheels, and right now I'm addimg a new wiring harness, shaving the firewall, a one pice heater, getting the door panels and seats upholstered, and after that gets done a new sub box, next year any thing that comes up, hopely more car shows.

Last edited by flamingbig10; 12-07-2008 at 12:50 AM.
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
grinch4om
dang its hot

love the centerlines
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote