The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
smackmatic

uninstalled spring height

Been having some trouble getting the ride height I want. Ordered a set of 2in drop springs from LMC to replace the 3in drop springs I already had from CPP. When I pulled the springs I noticed they were the same height. I started to call the manufaturs to get uninstalled heights of there springs. This is what I have so far.

LMC
2in drop 11 inches tall
Cpp
2in drop 11.625
3in drop 11

I havent heard back from LMC about the height of their one inch spring, but I was curious if any of you guys had springs laying around you could measure. This might be usefull info for people looking for used springs.
smackmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: uninstalled spring height

Unless you know for sure the brand name of a "used spring", where you can have a better idea of it's "spring rate", the measured height of an uninstalled spring is no guarantee.
As you can see from the data you have already collected, it is theoretically possible for different height springs to give you the same installed ride height. (assuming that they are accurate)....but it will not ride the same.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
smackmatic

Re: uninstalled spring height

The problem I am having is that the Lmc 2in spring and Cpp 3in spring installed, have the same ride height. The only info I can really get over the phone from these companies is the uninstalled height. I can only assume that a taller spring will give a higher ride height, since both 11in springs gave me a 3in drop.
smackmatic is offline   Reply With Quote