The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
pat

breather

My engine is a '69 350. It has Edelbrock valve covers and carb. When i bought it it was messed with so the breather just flopped around-sortof-dangling from the rubber hose connecting it to the carb. I bought rubber grommets for the valve covers hoping the breather would stay put then but it doesnt fit. Do i need to buy a new breather that has a neck that shoves into the grommet?, the breather I have now looks like it should be pushed into a hole then turned to get snug. Do I need the breather to have a hose connector to go to the carb? What exactly does the breather\hose do? Im dumb, i know. Thanks for input
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #2
Hooter
My other Love

get a breather that will push into the hole. There are two doo dads on your valve covers. The one on the left is your PCV (positve crankcase ventilation) this thing sucks all the gasses trapped inside your motor down into the carb. The breather ,located on the right side, introduces fresh filtered air into to crankcase.

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote