The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
Kracin

Anyone ever had a problem with LMC???

i thought they were a good company, until the last two times i ordered...

first order was when i tried to get a bumper and the inner header panel. i paid for it online, the shipping destination and all... and they failed to state on their website that they charge a completely different rate for hawaii, because the initial shipping applies, and then for freight items they want to charge almost twice as much for some reason.... and only called after a week after i ordered the parts to tell me that i didnt pay enough for shipping because of the bumper.... so i just canceled the bumper, and got my order another week after that.....initially i thought that was a pretty long wait to get parts that id ordered half a month beforehand..

AND THEN!

i put in an order for two things... door sill plates and a front right fender, on DEC 2.

when i placed this order, i planned on getting the parts between the 18th and 25th, plenty of time for the order to arrive. again with the change in price on me because of shipping the larger item, the cost of the fender and plates was 184, and then shipping came out to 375.... and they called on the 17th to confirm the shipping amount and tell me that it was going to be more..

they took more than TWO WEEKS to tell me that they finally got a price for shipping..... and right now im STILL waiting for my order to come in, and i was told that it "may get here around the 6th", ive tried asking the people you place the orders with why i am paying 200 dollars for shipping that is taking well over 5 weeks to get to my door. and one even tried to tell me that i placed the order during christmas season and thats why it was taking a while???? i dont think the very start of december is christmas time, more like the 18th is christmas shipping time..

i have yet to be able to get ahold of their customer service department and hope to get some of my shipping cost back, because they are holding up my build which im trying to complete before the 20th....

/rant!
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: Anyone ever had a problem with LMC???

I've heard good stories and horror stories.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
harlyworkr

I live 10 minutes from them and I am in there at lease twice a week. I have not had any bad experiences with them.
harlyworkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I have bought many dollars worth of merchandise from them and so far have not had any trouble with the parts,,,,,,,,but this is what I have problems with..

When I ask the parts person about a peticular part in my order and if it would fit my peticular truck ,,she told me this ---

Sir, if you read on page 167 of their catolog CB.53 it will tell you that she or others that take orders are not trained technicians . You should consult local machine shops and mechanics regarding technical advice. Technical information is included in workshops manualsshown in catologs.

I will buy from at least two of the venders on this forum as they both know what they sell and what they can be used on or for ,,and tell you if the part is plastic or metal which was one my questions that LMC could not answer me .. JMO Papa larry

Last edited by GOPAPA; 01-02-2009 at 12:35 AM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Kracin

sounds like its a situational thing.. probably great to deal with face to face, and to be able to pick up from, but it sounds like they need to work on their long distance customers quite a bit, maybe i can speak to someone that knows more about the company tomorrow... something more than "sorry sir, i can't answer that question for you, i can only place orders for you, but if you call back in a week, there should be someone there to answer your question" lol
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
Rack Man

Well...they do have special conditions for HI listed in their "Order Policy".....

I feel your pain but you kind of got to expect that you are going to pay more for ALL goods being shipped to HI....In your unique situation It's in your best interest to always find out the policies of all suppliers prior to ordering.....

Also, FYI.....Though LMC's catalog is by far the best out there....their prices are usually always high!

JMO, Dan

Last edited by Rack Man; 01-02-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #7
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

I've purchased stuff from them with no problems, but I have heard of complaints. (strictly anecdotal)

Maybe next time you may want to try purchasing from a board vendor, like Wes @ Classic Heartbeat (Shameless plug).

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #8
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

I had to stop using them . Last order was door lock arms . I thought they'll never get that right , so i ordered 1 passenger and 1 driver . I told the lady just send me 1 of each side and gave her the part #'s . I also told her make sure you send one of each side as i can't lock my truck right now and need them badly . They sent 2 passengers and i needed a drivers . Called them back and talked to them paid for the new driverside again . Sent the extra 2 passengersides back with paper work for a refund , never heard from them again except catologs in the mail . Board venders from here on out for me .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583

Last edited by hotrod 80; 01-02-2009 at 04:56 AM.
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

I have had both good and bad experiences with them. They should train their staff to know way more than just a page number in a catalog.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I have a problem with how they set it up to profit off of shipping costs by going by dollar value and not size or weight,which is how the shipping industry operates.I can`t imagine paying double.If you buy a $150 dollar part it costs you $200 even if it could be shipped for $10.It doesn`t help that they play the old "show a crazy-high retail price you`ll never see anyone charge for the part then show Our Price to make you feel like you got it cheaper" game when you are still paying more than from someone else who will only charge actual shipping.Combine that with making buyers responsible to get their own info elsewhere when it`s the responsibilty of a seller to inform buyers of their products,as well as part of what justifies their profit.

Buyer:"I`m confused by your listing,Will this part fit my vehicle?"

Seller:"Just buy it and find out.If it doesn`t fit it`s your fault for not getting accurate info before ordering."

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

one of the reasons I sometimes go to other vendors (even though LMC is right down the street from me!) I want to talk to someone who knows trucks and the product, not someone who is on a phone answering service.

not saying thier phone service desk doesn't know the product they sell...... but I have ordered from better, much better. i.e. GMCPauls, Manes, Classic Parts. I see a trend here. They are all site supporters!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

I've ordered several items from them in the past, but they're not my first choice. I have had them immediately reship a damaged item so in that aspect they are good.

On another occasion, I ordered the exhaust system for the 250 six cylinder shown in their catalog. I had to make it work and had a lot of trouble making it fit. Also, it didn't look anything like the picture that's shown.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
jb4short
Damn Yankee

in LMCs defense it is getting nearly impossible to hire "Car guys" anymore; much less ones that understand the nuances of 40 year old trucks. If you've got a customer service center that needs 20-30 people in it there's no way you're going to staff it with "Experts" in today's world. Develop software for the Playstation 3 that can answer technical questions on trucks and in a few years we'll all have personnel available to us; but for today the average user on these boards is more knowlegable than the average customer service guy.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I've ordered from LMC and have had good luck in the past. They sent me a bad wiper switch once and sent a replacement in a few days. I usually try to go with board vendors lately though.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
leddzepp

Hit and miss....
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I will give LMC some credit for at least one of their diagrams though,,because when I replaced all my air condtioning hoses under the dash ,,the picture in thier catolog was much better than any thing I could find on how to install each hose .
I have read this very thing on ths forum about others who feel the same .about other pictures n the catolog . I think the biggest problem is the people you order from ,,no experence with the parts they sell.

But if the people had experience then they would be a higher paid employee and you will pay for that experience when you buy parts for them..

Special K is correct about the shipping charges ,,because for example I have bought things from my local auto parts and cheaper because they evidently only pass on a chipping charge from bulk prices .. again jsut the way I see it from my purchases..
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

It all comes down to LMC is too large to offer knowledge.If large meant cheaper (like Walmart,Home Depot,etc) then they`d be of more use in my book.I still can`t go with their shipping policy,though.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
Shane
Account Suspended

Never had a problem with them, but I do try to spend my money with board vendors.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #19
big_al_71

I have bought several times and never had an issue at least not yet.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
AK72K10

LMC still has not sent me the "Free" catalog I signed up for this past November. I know AK falls into a similar deal as HI as far as shipping goes, we tend to pay twice the sale amount because of our remote locations, but what other reasonable options do we have? LMC is not the only place I have had shipping issues with, I recently I tried ordering an exhaust system through Planetmagnaflow for my 72, their cost was half again as much after the shipping was added on so I went to Magnaflowplanet, the site allowed for me to place my order (PN 16643 for $464.00) stating they had "Free Shipping"...and then 1 week later sent me an email canceling it and telling me "We do not have free shipping to Alaska". Their site actually states they have "Free Shipping" and Alaska is one of their destinations. Frankly that ticks me off, they have lost my business, and I discourage anyone from ordering from them. Customer service? Most folks don't even know what that is these days, seems everyone is just out to "Get theirs" & the heck with the other guy. With this recession one would think that that thought process would eventually have to change, money is short, and my patience with these fools is even shorter.
AK

"Why Build It If You Can't Drive It?"
AK72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #21
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

LMC did me right. I ordered the wrong Vinyl floor mat and had already cut the underlayment but not the vinyl when I realized my mistake. They took it back (although the instructions explicitly say they won't if anything is cut) and sent me the correct one.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #22
wpvtx

I'm currently 6 for 6 bad orders with LMC. Wrong exaust, wrong window seals (but sent 2 for the price of one), Bent bumper, dented gas tank (that had obviouly been trial fitted by anouther individual), ect.

I will no longer order but order from different companies, or search for OEM.

I like here catalogs but not the business. I think the owner had just passed and I'm not sure as to who owns/runs the company.
Front disk brakes
Electric fan/Internal regulated Alt.
wpvtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #23
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpvtx View Post
I'm currently 6 for 6 bad orders with LMC. Wrong exaust, wrong window seals (but sent 2 for the price of one), Bent bumper, dented gas tank (that had obviouly been trial fitted by anouther individual), ect.

I will no longer order but order from different companies, or search for OEM.

I like here catalogs but not the business. I think the owner had just passed and I'm not sure as to who owns/runs the company.
I have had bad luck with their window seals (inner and outer belts). They do not make contact with the window, letting water get in. The window channel rubber however, was identical to NOS and worked great. Like I said, hit and miss.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
fnoblitt

Wink Re: Anyone ever had a problem with LMC???

i've placed several orders and the only thing they have gotten wrong on my orders are the fasteners, they can't get that right. the larger parts they get right,and the shipping isn't bad. i'd order from them again, just won't buy fasteners,
Old 01-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I've never had a problem with the parts they sold me, but I did have issues with shipping. I was never aware the exhaust system I ordered was on backorder until I waited two weeks, called, and then I was told it was on back order

I now spend my $ with board vendors, and since I've become a regular at the Charlotte auto fair, I buy the vast majority of my parts in person.... however, there is still a large number of parts that vendors do not bring to shows with them.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote