The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
NWD02

Selling dilemma...

Ok, need some advice here regarding an item for sale. I posted an item this morning for sale, tonight I got home from work and had 2 PMs and someone had made an offer on the "for sale" thread.

Ok, here's the dilemma..... the first PM came in at 8:00pm saying he'd take the item. The second PM was at 9:45 saying he wanted the item call him tomorrow. This looks pretty simple being both the offers are the same and I'd take it. The same member who sent the second post also posted the comment on the original "for sale" thread, the member who sent the first PM did not post on the "for sale" thread.

Does this matter to you guys? I'm trying to be fair but in question on this sale. I don't want to step on toes, and feel bad since the first guy is a new member and might not have known to post on the thread.

Soo.... who gets the item, first PM or first post to the "for sale" thread?

Thanks for all input,
Nick
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
NWD02

Re: Selling dilemma...

Sorry guys... if I would have read the Seller's Code of Conduct closer, I would not have started the thread.

III. All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via

Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Sellers Code of Conduct 67-72chevytrucks.com

I. All for sale or trade ads must include the price. If you do not know the price of the item(s) you are

selling, then you should do some research. Absolutely no auctions or bids.
II. All for sale or trade ads must include your location.
III. All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via

Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.
IV. Include pictures in your ad when at all possible. Your ad photos should represent the item you are selling.

Use your own images, not of a similar item. If you need further assistance posting pictures see the FAQ area of the forums.
V. For sale or trade items must be listed in the appropriate category. Please list items only once, no cross

posting or the ads will be deleted.
VI. Do not offer any item up for sale or trade that is not in your possession, you do not have the right to sell,

or does not exist at the time of the classified ad.
VII. Use a fair timeframe for receiving payment. Two weeks is the standard. If you choose to give less or more

time state it clearly in the ad. If you have not received payment in a fair amount of time, move on to the next inline, or

relist your item.
VIII. Please include your preferred method of shipping within the ad, and who is responsible for the shipping

costs. If the item is pickup only, please make that clear within the ad.
IX. Once the item has shipped maintain contact with the buyer until the sale is finalized. Send tracking numbers

and shipping information to the buyer as soon as you have them. If the purchaser doe snot contact you within 48 hours you may

go onto the next in line.
X. No Spamming or Advertising on ANY 67-72chevytrucks.com board, regards to product(s) your pushing, unless you

are a paid advertiser. If you question that you should maybe be a paid advertiser, you probably should be. Contact an

Administrator for more details on being a paid advertiser. This Applies to all who are selling parts, used or new on a

regular basis purely for profit.
XI. If you have a problem with a buyer, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the forums.

67-72chevytrucks.com is in no way responsible for any part of the transactions within these forums, and will in no form be

held liable for and not limited to refunds, parts or shipping. We will make every reasonable attempt to assist you with any

unforeseen issues that may arise, but be aware you are selling at your own risk.
Copyright 2004 67-72chevytrucks.com all rights reserved.

Buyers Code of Conduct 67-72chevytrucks.com

I. Do not lead sellers on. If you have no intention of purchasing an item, do not lead a seller to believe you

are.
II. Make initial contact with the seller in the thread. Failure to make initial contact for parts you are
interested in via the thread will result in account restrictions.
III. Keep in contact with the seller. Ensure you contact them when payment has been sent. Failure to contact

seller within 48 hours of posting you will purchase the item will forfeit purchasing rights.
IV. Ask the seller for details and pictures of the item you are purchasing, to help ensure a smooth transaction.
V. Keep a fair timeframe for sending payment. Two weeks is the standard. If the seller chooses to give less or

more time, it will be stated clearly in the ad. If you have not sent payment in that amount of time, the item will go to the

next inline, or be relisted.
VI. If you do not like the price of an item, look further. Comments on value, condition etc will not be

tolerated.
VII. If you have a problem with a seller, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the

forums.
VIII. Please use the Review Forum for all comments after the transactions are completed.

67-72chevytrucks.com is in no way responsible for any part of the transactions within these forums, and will in no

form be held liable for and not limited to refunds, parts or shipping. We will make every reasonable attempt to assist you

with any unforeseen issues that may arise, but be aware you are buying at your own risk.
Copyright 2004-2006 67-72chevytrucks.com all rights reserved.
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

You beat me to it
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
NWD02

Thanks Petey...
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
krue
Designated A-hole!

That's the best way to do it.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

It's spelled out there in the rules.I don't think either buyer will fault you for going by the rules.I have to admit that it's been a while since I went thru and read the rules on that though if I was trying to buy I would.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
To me this is a very important rule. And one that is broken a lot....

II. Make initial contact with the seller in the thread. Failure to make initial contact for parts you are interested in via the thread will result in account restrictions.

It keeps everything above the table.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

This is exactly why the rule exists. Everything, as in ALL comunications, should be on the board. PMs should only come in when the deal is completed to exchange shipping information or the seller's address in the case of local pick-ups.

Sellers need to be aware of this as much as buyers. Sellers really should report buyers that have PMed them about a part. The rules say that PM sales are strictly prohibited. Your reputation really should matter more than a few dollars made in a parts deal.

Now I know that this has the potential for "So what, who's gonna know"....and you are right, to a degree. BUT, if you would happen to have a "bad deal", for what ever reason? If there would happen to be a disagreement about the part (condition, etc.) What then? The Staff (Admins especially) really try to resolve these things....Would you expect that to happen in the case of a sale that was made against the rules?

Following the rules is a matter of respect to those who wrote them.
[/rant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 01-04-2009 at 11:45 AM.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
NWD02

I agree with all of you. I'm glad we have the rules and I went back and closely read them. I'm going to follow the rules and be fair. The member who posted on the thread is, of course, first in line. The other member needs to post on the thread so at least he'd be second. Long hair you have a point with the "who's gonna know..." but that's definitely not how I'd conduct business. A reputation for an honest deal, and someone learns how the board works, versus a shady deal and I live with that, no thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
Tiger Hays

I have a ?,if a offer was made but another offered the full price who is in line? Does the guy that offered a lower price get to up his offer or the guy that offered 1st full price have !st dibs? Just curiuos I am not trying to debate the issuse just trying to figure it out.
Tiger Hays is offline   Reply With Quote