The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
lyrikz
PITbut

Arrrgggg!!! What is wrong with me.

I havent worked on my truck in 3 to 4 weeks... WHat is wrong with me.. I just SIT on the couch and watch the beautiful tv. Its SO cold in my shop, so i installed a heater. I installed the heater more to heat the shop so i can paint when needed.

I just can NOT get off the damn couch to do anything.. I just turned 34 and i think im getting lazy..... er. Lazyer. ahaha....

Anyone else suffer this affliction?
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Dying2Live

Re: Arrrgggg!!! What is wrong with me.

I have that problem with the xbox... But I don't have a shop or i would be working on mine alot more often. BTW, i hate cold weather...lol
Dying2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying2Live View Post
I have that problem with the xbox... But I don't have a shop or i would be working on mine alot more often. BTW, i hate cold weather...lol
Oh, dont get me started on the xbox 360 and the new wii i just got for the wife the other day. ahaha

I have been kinda busy, just not on the truck. I installed the big wall heater, installed new carpeting on my shelf. I moved my flat screen to a different room and have to build a big shelf for it...... Just nothing on the truck.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

yup same here but with school and outside of a few lil things here and there and cleaning the truck, till i order parts ex. patchs thers nothign for me to do and i gotta have it back together so i can get to school the next day...and its wet rainy and cold out..

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

I only have that problem when it is wet or very cold.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
Brento

I'm right at your age and go through the same thing from time to time. Here is the scoop on fixing it. You need to add an incentive to the garage. Put in cable and a TV, Tune in to "The Girls Next Door". I find that when the commercials come on i work until one of the girls giggles or I hear the word naked. If your working under the truck turn the TV upside down so you don't have to get off the floor. Commercials are about as long as the program so you will at least have half the time out there working!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brento View Post
I'm right at your age and go through the same thing from time to time. Here is the scoop on fixing it. You need to add an incentive to the garage. Put in cable and a TV, Tune in to "The Girls Next Door". I find that when the commercials come on i work until one of the girls giggles or I hear the word naked. If your working under the truck turn the TV upside down so you don't have to get off the floor. Commercials are about as long as the program so you will at least have half the time out there working!!
Turn the TV upside down ,,thats a keeper .. LOL
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Just wait until you retire. You'll find that you didn't have enough time before you retired and even less after you retire. If you are retired, you know what I mean. Otherwise, get your truck fixed/restored/whatever while you still are working full-time.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
sleepertruck72

Well if you cant muster up the courage to get up and work, drink some Beer (liquid courage) and if it doesnt help, at least you will be more relaxed
I suffer from babysitting my 1 yr old daughter and desling with my 5 yr old son when hes back from school. I am a stay at home dad that misses working
(sort of) You'll come around. Good luck. Oh and the T.V. should be gone if it causes laziness IMO. Thats where you need to start.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
RANDY COX

Gosh I thought it was just me,Sometimes it's hard to get started,But I have so many Irons in the fire that progress is very slow.Trying to remodel some on the house and clear 1.2 acres of trees and brush,plus work on my car,still have alot to go on it,exhaust,tires,Interior,Yada,Yada,Never done.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

NOPE! I don't have that problem.
For the 1st time in ages it's sun shiny & bright, and warm outside, I have new hardware sitting on the kitchen counter ready to go on my truck; I'm sitting here @ the freakin' computer.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #12
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

dang if i had new things to go on id be outthere in a hearbeat lol im still waiting for the mulah to come in so i can order some shiny stuff and maybe 6 lug drop discs...

better get outside,its cold rainy here,,,your lucky!

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I have actually been out in the shop quite a bit since I got the heater installed. I was out there all day today and sometimes I don't come in the house 'till 8:30 or 9 o'clock at night. I don't watch any TV except the 6 o'clock & 10 o'clock news so if I'm not on here I'm in the shop.... If I get a little burned out I tell myself "Just Do It"... (I'm headed that way right now)

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
dang if i had new things to go on id be outthere in a hearbeat lol im still waiting for the mulah to come in so i can order some shiny stuff and maybe 6 lug drop discs...

better get outside,its cold rainy here,,,your lucky!
It's just some stainless steel bolts, etc. to bolt my old stuff to my new front end clip.
I forgot to take pictures before we pulled all the old sheet metal off & I want to make exactly sure I get everything where it want it/it should be before I start drilling holes in the new stuff.
I'm funny that way, so I'm also hesitant.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

I kind of run into the same problem. Mine is not due so much to not having anything to do on the truck but more about what I have to do.

Lately is has been cleaning, stripping, priming and painting. I hate waiting for paint to dry and it's been slower with it being cold in the garage (okay not like up north or back east but cold for CA). I go out, get all set, spray on a coat of paint and I'm done for the night. Repeat again next night. So on and so on...

That and working on larger, heavy parts (like the rear end) by yourself in a too crowded garage doesn't motivate me too much...

Okay, that and I can be lazy.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
Willys47

I think it's the winter season that's the reason for this problem. we just need longer warmer days and you will be good to go. for now you just need willpower.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
Imacarguytoo

My truck doesnt have a rearend in it right now. I had work to do on the wifes car. I had to strap the rear of the truck down on top of the trailer to pull the truck out. Just so i can fix the wifes car. Now mind you its been sitting outside for 2 weeks. I have plenty of work to do on it. But im using the excuse of ITS TOO COLD OUT. But im also being ignorant of saying i have a wood stove...but it takes an hour to get it 60 degrees in there. I hate winter!!!!!!
'51 Jeep Cj3a "Willys" 350 V8
Imacarguytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
big_al_71

I know the feeling well, I cant stay away from my computers wheter it is at work or at home, but then again my truck is done

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
corn

Im in my heated garage most of the time & still dont get anything done! I watch TV & play here on the site & dont touch a thing. Now THATS a problem.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #20
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brento View Post
HAHAH, awesome. I have an LCD that i could put out there, but i have my tunes.. That gets me going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
Just wait until you retire. You'll find that you didn't have enough time before you retired and even less after you retire. If you are retired, you know what I mean. Otherwise, get your truck fixed/restored/whatever while you still are working full-time.

If i didnt have this truck, retirement would be sooner. ahaha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepertruck72 View Post
Well if you cant muster up the courage to get up and work, drink some Beer (liquid courage) and if it doesnt help, at least you will be more relaxed
I suffer from babysitting my 1 yr old daughter and desling with my 5 yr old son when hes back from school. I am a stay at home dad that misses working
(sort of) You'll come around. Good luck. Oh and the T.V. should be gone if it causes laziness IMO. Thats where you need to start.
Im not a big beer drinker. I literally have bought a 12 pack before and that was 6 months ago... I rarely drink.. When i do, i just am such a lightweight i cant operate heavy machinary. ahah.. Ya, tv kills me.. I just got HDTV now also with my new screen im kinda excited.
It also doesnt help that i have twins and a 9 year old to play with.. So it does get kinda tough to even up the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay View Post
NOPE! I don't have that problem.
For the 1st time in ages it's sun shiny & bright, and warm outside, I have new hardware sitting on the kitchen counter ready to go on my truck; I'm sitting here @ the freakin' computer.
Get out there. ahah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I have actually been out in the shop quite a bit since I got the heater installed. I was out there all day today and sometimes I don't come in the house 'till 8:30 or 9 o'clock at night. I don't watch any TV except the 6 o'clock & 10 o'clock news so if I'm not on here I'm in the shop.... If I get a little burned out I tell myself "Just Do It"... (I'm headed that way right now)

LockDoc
Been in that spot before.. In the beginning i was out till 9 or 10 in the shop...Now, i just cant get out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
I kind of run into the same problem. Mine is not due so much to not having anything to do on the truck but more about what I have to do.
Lately is has been cleaning, stripping, priming and painting. I hate waiting for paint to dry and it's been slower with it being cold in the garage (okay not like up north or back east but cold for CA). I go out, get all set, spray on a coat of paint and I'm done for the night. Repeat again next night. So on and so on...
That and working on larger, heavy parts (like the rear end) by yourself in a too crowded garage doesn't motivate me too much...

Okay, that and I can be lazy.

Im at the point where i need to weld some holes and grind the cab... then lay down some epoxy.... I just mentally dont feel like grinding. ahaha.. it BURNS me. ahaha
Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #21
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

you've been bustin ass on that truck hard and heavy for over a year... maybe it is time for a short break so you don't burn out?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
hilandr452

Well, at least you guys have garages. I have to wait for a nice day and then trudge around in the mud in the back yard as the snow melts. It's that red dirt too. I just sit in my living room at the computer and dream of all the wonderful things I'm going to do.

Dan Smith
73 Chevy Camper Special (Yes, it's badged a camper special) Flat Bed Motorhome conversion 454, standard tranny

"DON'T TREAD ON ME !!!"

My Project: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20829244 , http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24654442
hilandr452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
you've been bustin ass on that truck hard and heavy for over a year... maybe it is time for a short break so you don't burn out?
Well, i seem to only do a hour a weekend.... If that... I dont feel burnt out. My frame is a full roller now with a running motor. All i have to do is add 1 more air valve and its done.. I havent even had the motivation to do that... Im thinking its just the cold...

I will turn the heater on in there the next few days and see if that helps progress any.... haaa.. who knows.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #24
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

And................................

Sometimes I just look at all the crap I have to work on, trucks & otherwise, & I just get overwhelmed & say "SCREW IT!!", it'll still be here tomorrow; & the next day, & the next day, & the next day...............................

Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
hilandr452

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
Well, i seem to only do a hour a weekend.... If that... I dont feel burnt out. My frame is a full roller now with a running motor. All i have to do is add 1 more air valve and its done.. I havent even had the motivation to do that... Im thinking its just the cold...

I will turn the heater on in there the next few days and see if that helps progress any.... haaa.. who knows.
I think you need to have yourself checked for carbon monoxide poisoning!!

Dan
73 Chevy Camper Special (Yes, it's badged a camper special) Flat Bed Motorhome conversion 454, standard tranny

"DON'T TREAD ON ME !!!"

My Project: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20829244 , http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24654442
hilandr452 is offline   Reply With Quote