The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
DESTRO

transmission mount bolt sleeve size needed

Hello all
I'm trying to hunt down the size of the sleeve the trans mount bolts go thru.
It's a turbo 350 mounted to a np203 in a 77.

It's the sleeve that passes thru the two rubber mounts on the crossmember that the bolt passes thru before it his the threads into the adapter.
Replacing the mounts but the sleeves are missing and need to make a couple,just need the outside,inside diameter and the length.
I really hope someone can help.
Thanks
DESTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
asphaltburner

Re: transmission mount bolt sleeve size needed

Yo! DESTRO!
Not sure how much help I can be, but,...(wish I still had my donor truck filled with parts to go to the junkyard!)
Sleeves are a slip fit to the bolts, so that'll put you close on I.D., same thickness as shock sleeves, so that'll get you close on thickness (had to fabricate some similar sleeves for my NP205 frame mounting, and they were nearly identical other than length), and the length should be determined by the shaft length of your tranny mounting bolts. Sorry that I have no figures for you, but I SURE hope this helps. Not horribly critical tolerances, though. Perhaps others will have more info for you. Good luck, Todd.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
DESTRO

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone had one laying around so I could get under there just one time but I guess I'm gonna have to break out the tape measure
DESTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Destro, Whenever I need a sleeve like your looking for I resort to the plumbing section over to Home Depot. Most often you'll find that pipe nipples for 3\8" pipe work real good. Get them longer than you need so you can cut the threaded parts off. Buy the galvanized ones and grease the hell out of it before you put it in. jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote