The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

OT- Pics of ice storm

This is off topic but I thought I would show you folks a few pics of the damage to some of the trees around my house from the ice storm that went through Wednesday.

It started off snowing around noon, and turned into rain Wednesday evening. This was the bad part because every drop that fell froze. Talk about a total mess.

This is my wifes favorite tree, a Bradford Pear. She is sick about it.

To save loading time, here's the rest.

http://www.73-87.com/photos/misc_photos/tree2.jpg

http://www.73-87.com/photos/misc_photos/tree3.jpg

http://www.73-87.com/photos/misc_photos/tree4.jpg

http://www.73-87.com/photos/misc_photos/tree5.jpg

http://www.73-87.com/photos/misc_photos/tree6.jpg

There is more, but I think this will give you an idea. My power went off at 3:00 AM Thursday morning. Finally came back on at 8:00 PM last night. It sure does suck not having power. I am lucky to have it back on this quick. Last thing I read was NC had over 2 million homes without any power. Cherryville city may not be fully restored until Monday or Tuesday.

I can do without all this damn ice. Let it snow, but keep the ice somewhere else.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:29 PM   #2
Razorback_Fan

I know how you feel

That SUCKS Mike but I know how you feel we had a bad ice storm in 2000 here in Arkansas. I went 3 days without power.
Razorback_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:02 PM   #3
Tom
driving is in my blood

Mike, I feel for ya. When I was about 10 living in upstate NY, we had a major ice storm. They ended up sending us every availbe power and phone truck from all over NY state, and even some from NJ. We went without power for 5 days, the state wasent bakcu p totally for about 2 weeks. Got to love getting extra days off school!
One tree fell directly on my neighbors car. Ouch!
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:12 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ice

i live in NYC and here we get alot of ice and unfortunately it seems that when the roads get slippery every moron who has no clue how to drive in the slick conditions gets behind the wheel, particularly in an SUV. It snowed yesterday here, we got like seven inches and there were hundreds of accidents of which the majority was SUVs and trucks sorry about the tree

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
PHOENIX

You live in a nice looking area. Sorry about the damage.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:06 PM   #6
littlebubba

Don't you hate Snow!

Up here in Michigan we see that all the time! I hate winter! And especially when we get the freezing rain on top of the snow. I can relate to your headache. They sell a ton of generators around here just for that reason- NO POWER. Power outage is bad enough in the spring and summer let alone the winter. Throw another log on the fire and bring me another BEER!
Statistics show alot of children are concieved during these storms! Hope things get better in a hurry for you folks down there.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:42 PM   #7
Bowed

Mike , sorry about the Bradford pear and all the clean up you have there . We had been watching that storm from down here in the southwest and could see how bad it was . When I lived on the east coast I bought a big generator and still have it because even though the weather is mild here you never know .
Bowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Sorry to hear about the tree Mike. I know a little how you fell on the ice storm. Last year for Christmas we were at her parents house in Oklahoma and got iced in. Her Dad is a power line coordinator (tells who to go where and sends out what material needed). He luckily is close to his job and had to go to work. He worked forever getting the area power again. Luckily we still had power at their house. But talk about overtime those guys earned it then.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:52 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Sorry about the tree Mike. Ya'll got hit alot worse then us. Hope everything is going ok there, the news makes it sound like ya'll are in bad shape. It all melted here by 12:30 the same day.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 08:36 PM   #10
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Yeah Liz, we got pounded. There was an inch or more of ice on the wires and trees.

Things are starting to get back to normal a little bit though. I've got to get all the tree limbs up now. By the way the weather man is talking, we may get it again next week. I sure hope not.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:02 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Geez.......I haven't been paying attention to the weather man . I hope we don't. They said this was to be a bad winter. Can't wait for Febuary and the warm weather again.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:17 AM   #12
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Damn, we didn't get any ice here in Virginia Beach. I took the bike out yesterday!
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:44 AM   #13
powder
the ring around my finger

weather

hey man down here in spring lake we didn't have it too bad we still have some families out of power but we really got lucky
powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:57 AM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Damn powder , your like 15 min away from me......military??????
Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 AM   #15
powder
the ring around my finger

yep ers
powder is offline   Reply With Quote