The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
pokethesmot
profeshinaly unimployed

help naming my truck

well i know some of you may think its strange but i think my truck deserves a good name. I am going to put it on the windshield but i just cant think of one for it i was thinking maby "gas hog" or something but how about some of you guys give me your opinion, thanks and there is more on my truck in my signature

"having mud flaps is like asking for a smaller trophy"

Last edited by pokethesmot; 01-13-2009 at 08:53 PM.
pokethesmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
willett
Another Day, Another Dollar

Re: help naming my truck

John Candy?

"its hip to be square"
willett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!

"Piney Wood Rooter", i think it has a good ring to it...and reminds me of my high school sweetheart!
crawdadfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
andrewmp6

Try bubba,rusty,woody,i got wood,
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
silvereagle07

Got to be a girls name. I mean let's face it we spend all our time and money on them. All just to get the best "ride" possible.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
f.monroe

I would name it something that wont offend too easily. I have called mine Richard Cranium many times . Put that on your window and you would definitely get some looks .
Frank
Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

With your username and posts like the ones you make sometimes, just pick a character from The Big Lebowski.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
willett
Another Day, Another Dollar

"its hip to be square"
willett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
bigblock73
yeller

Vehicles name themselves...you shouldn't have to think of one.

It's like giving yourself a nickname...
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

The <insert color here> truck if you have more than one.
The truck if you have one.
Trucks are not female so you can swear at them in their presence...
The <insert colorful wording here> truck if its annoying you.

Be flexible.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #11
4x4s4allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lb4x4 View Post
The <insert color here> truck if you have more than one.
The truck if you have one.
Trucks are not female so you can swear at them in their presence...
The <insert colorful wording here> truck if its annoying you.

Be flexible.
see, you kinda are onto something ... if you're gonna name it a female name, its gotta kinda be a whore name ... see, my one truck's a whore (her name's ruby) and it was a culmination of the day i first got her, the ensuing 1300 mile drive home, and my revelation about her personality ...

i picked the truck up in montana, was a little unnerved due to some, let's just call it father/daughter "disagreement" ... i got in my new '78 K10, hammered down about 80 mph the whole way, and a little faster at times, and drove darn-near straight from great falls, MT to manhattan, KS ... i decided she liked it hot and fast ... it was august, and she kept right up to speed and then some without so much as a hint of a problem (not that i would suspect one, her being a chevy and all) ... so i spent the next few weeks with her, and she was fantastic, gave me all i asked for and more ... one of my friends commented that if she like it hot and fast, she must be a whore ... so we're discussing whore names, and come to the conclusion that if its a gem name, its a good whore name ... at the same time, we're fishing, and have the windows rolled down listening to my buddy's burnt cd, as the song "ruby" comes on "don't take your love to town" ... and we decided her name was Ruby ... and its stuck ...

so, even if she's a female, she's a whore, so i can still cuss in front of her and at her all i want, and she doesn't tend to mind ... lol ...

but back to the topic at hand of asking strangers to name your truck, itd be the same as posting "what should i name my pet goldfish" ... ok, maybe not so much ...

but trucks have personalities, only YOU truly understand that personality ... so names for vehicles have to have a purpose, and a good story behind them, or else, it really doesn't mean much ...

spend some quality time with it, talk to it if you've got to ... learn its personality, come up with a name, and then let us know what you came up with and why!!! they're always great stories ...
1968 C-10 Long Stepside 250 Saginaw 3spd
1978 Scottsdale K10 355 4spd
1983 Honda Shadow VT750
1990 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 5spd
2008 Toyota Yaris

1978 Scottsdale K10 355 4spd the "Ruby Build"
4x4s4allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
With your username and posts like the ones you make sometimes, just pick a character from The Big Lebowski.
There you go! ...Joe
Old 01-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #13
fast75
Go Hard or Go Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4s4allie View Post
see, you kinda are onto something ... if you're gonna name it a female name, its gotta kinda be a whore name ... see, my one truck's a whore (her name's ruby) and it was a culmination of the day i first got her, the ensuing 1300 mile drive home, and my revelation about her personality ...

i picked the truck up in montana, was a little unnerved due to some, let's just call it father/daughter "disagreement" ... i got in my new '78 K10, hammered down about 80 mph the whole way, and a little faster at times, and drove darn-near straight from great falls, MT to manhattan, KS ... i decided she liked it hot and fast ... it was august, and she kept right up to speed and then some without so much as a hint of a problem (not that i would suspect one, her being a chevy and all) ... so i spent the next few weeks with her, and she was fantastic, gave me all i asked for and more ... one of my friends commented that if she like it hot and fast, she must be a whore ... so we're discussing whore names, and come to the conclusion that if its a gem name, its a good whore name ... at the same time, we're fishing, and have the windows rolled down listening to my buddy's burnt cd, as the song "ruby" comes on "don't take your love to town" ... and we decided her name was Ruby ... and its stuck ...

so, even if she's a female, she's a whore, so i can still cuss in front of her and at her all i want, and she doesn't tend to mind ... lol ...

but back to the topic at hand of asking strangers to name your truck, itd be the same as posting "what should i name my pet goldfish" ... ok, maybe not so much ...

but trucks have personalities, only YOU truly understand that personality ... so names for vehicles have to have a purpose, and a good story behind them, or else, it really doesn't mean much ...

spend some quality time with it, talk to it if you've got to ... learn its personality, come up with a name, and then let us know what you came up with and why!!! they're always great stories ...
when working on mine i often refer to her as *****whoreslutfag. all one word, lower case. when cruising in it, Baby. until i was twelve i thought my first name was dammit and Lee was my middle name...........

2008 Dodge crew cab. YEAH, it's got a hemi, your ass is going to jail quick.

Some day's, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints................................
fast75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
fast75
Go Hard or Go Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4s4allie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdadfox View Post
"Piney Wood Rooter", i think it has a good ring to it...and reminds me of my high school sweetheart!
thats some funny sh*t!!!!

2008 Dodge crew cab. YEAH, it's got a hemi, your ass is going to jail quick.

Some day's, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints................................
fast75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
ChaseDale3and8

My wife actually named my truck for me. I took my wife to Kansas City for her birthday back in 2004 some 6 months or so after I bought my truck. After slipping in a visit to LMC Truck and Chevy Duty on the trip that was supposed to be for her birthday....... and loading the back of the wife's Durango full of parts that I bought....... and spending WAY WAY more on the truck than her....she started calling my truck the "Blue *****"! The name has stuck since. Her family still gives her hell about me buying truck parts on that birthday trip of hers to the day! ...Joe